• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Hakenbuckse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah nah nah nah! See I told yas .. bigger IS better! :thumbsup:

Davy

Thanks. :)

Took her out for a few shots, fun. :thumbsup:
Shooting at 15 yards, four out of four hits.

shootinghaken1.jpg

shoothaken2.jpg

shoothakenflashpan.jpg

shoothakstanding.jpg

hakentarget.jpg

PitchyPine said:
A bigger cal. huh. :hmm:
Uh oh...I smell some light artillery coming on. :haha: Just get it over with and do something with a 2" bore. :rotf: :thumbsup:

Good pictures Lenn .. what was the temps there, a mild minus 20 today out there .. I say that since you are almost in your undies out there! :thumbsup:

Davy

Lenn you keep this up, you might make yourself one of those arsenals we have been talking about! Seriously though, That is a really cool hakenbuchse. I think if you do build a 2in version, you will need a concrete wall to absorb all the recoil. Might not want to use it fer deer. Haulin a wall around might prove too impractical. :wink: :blah:

Strykerdlh said:
Lenn you keep this up, you might make yourself one of those arsenals we have been talking about! Seriously though, That is a really cool hakenbuchse. I think if you do build a 2in version, you will need a concrete wall to absorb all the recoil. Might not want to use it fer deer. Haulin a wall around might prove too impractical. :wink: :blah:

Besides that ... what would be left of the deer? :shocked2: :hmm: :grin:

Davy

Musketeer Von Blunderbuss said:
Have you got a screw up through the stock to the bottom rear of the barrel like Teleo's or just the band holding it on?

The thought of rearward barrel movement concerned me also so i modified the design a little.
I made a false strap over the barrel and welded the hook directly to the barrel.
No movement. :thumbsup:

weldedhook2.jpg

weldedhook1.jpg

Looks solid. It might have been fine in its original form, but when I asked that question I was thinking that if the band wasn't super tight, the only other thing holding the barrel to the stock would be the small bit of wood at the rear of the barrel channel. This setup looks much more secure. :bow:

Musketeer Von Blunderbuss said:
Looks solid. It might have been fine in its original form, but when I asked that question I was thinking that if the band wasn't super tight, the only other thing holding the barrel to the stock would be the small bit of wood at the rear of the barrel channel. This setup looks much more secure. :bow:

That was my exact thought also, and if a guy loaded it up to 60-70 grains it wants to be solid. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back