• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My gun rack

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lobo

In Rembrance
Reaction score
A friend built a rack for my muzzleloaders, bags and horns. It makes it easier to find stuff when I'm looking for it.

gun-harem.jpg

I built most of my BP guns and although I live in a low crime area there are enough crackheads in the trailer park down the road that I need to be to be protective about my possessions. I can replace all my modern guns but the ones I made are too special to me to take the risk of displaying them.

My gun rack weighs 1500 pounds, is double walled and is bolted to 4X4s under the floor joists.

gun safe 001.JPG

Down in these parts....they'll go through a window near the safe......back up a F350 with a lift to side of your house, throw a cable around the safe......and with a winch...pull your safe out through the wall and drive off! Makes a helluva hole in wood and brick!

Mine are in concealed locations. My problem is the crackheads and opioid abusers don't know the difference and would snatch a flinter only to toss it into the woods as soon as they figured out it wasn't modern, or if they got spotted and chased by the police.

LD

I knew there was zero chance of me and my sons flintlocks fitting into my gunsafe, so figured we'd display them. First pic flintlock is hanging on an old mantle beam I cut in half and refinished, with handforged(not by me) gun hangers. Hawken is hanging on a plain board with deer hoof hangers(harvested by me). Second flintlock, my sons, hangs on a board WE made. Took a hefty log from a tree cut down, chainsaw milled it as best I could, my son hand planed is, sanded and stained it, then installed hangers HE made in a blacksmithing class he took.

20191005_145353.jpg
20190926_191036.jpg

Lobo: That's a great looking gun rack. And convenient too. Starting to look like you will soon need a second one to start filling up. LOL

Rick

Latest posts

Back