My gun rack

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Lobo

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Nice. But you are way more trusting than me.
It use to be a gun shop so I have ADT plus bars on the windows.

Eric Krewson

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I built most of my BP guns and although I live in a low crime area there are enough crackheads in the trailer park down the road that I need to be to be protective about my possessions. I can replace all my modern guns but the ones I made are too special to me to take the risk of displaying them.

My gun rack weighs 1500 pounds, is double walled and is bolted to 4X4s under the floor joists.

gun safe 001.JPG

Sun City

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Down in these parts....they'll go through a window near the safe......back up a F350 with a lift to side of your house, throw a cable around the safe......and with a winch...pull your safe out through the wall and drive off! Makes a helluva hole in wood and brick!

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Mine are in concealed locations. My problem is the crackheads and opioid abusers don't know the difference and would snatch a flinter only to toss it into the woods as soon as they figured out it wasn't modern, or if they got spotted and chased by the police.

LD

Eric Krewson

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
A local insurance agent told my friend he has never had a gun claim in this area from a house with a safe, apparently the local crackheads are pretty much snatch and run types.

Marc Adamchek

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I've got two safes for my guns. The trouble is, most of my black powder longarms are too dang long to fit!

Eric Krewson

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I had to cut out the shelves to get my flintlocks with 42" barrels in my safe. My kibler with a 46" barrel (not shown) will just barely go in the safe, if I leave a .32 cleaning a jag on the ramrod it won't fit, it is that tight.

gun safe shelf cutout 001.JPG

Flint62Smoothie

50 Cal.
Reaction score
You ought to see my efforts getting the 60” barreled 75-cal Fusil de Boucanier into the safe ...

Ben Meyer

40 Cal
Reaction score
I knew there was zero chance of me and my sons flintlocks fitting into my gunsafe, so figured we'd display them. First pic flintlock is hanging on an old mantle beam I cut in half and refinished, with handforged(not by me) gun hangers. Hawken is hanging on a plain board with deer hoof hangers(harvested by me). Second flintlock, my sons, hangs on a board WE made. Took a hefty log from a tree cut down, chainsaw milled it as best I could, my son hand planed is, sanded and stained it, then installed hangers HE made in a blacksmithing class he took.

20191005_145353.jpg 20190926_191036.jpg

rickystl

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Lobo: That's a great looking gun rack. And convenient too. Starting to look like you will soon need a second one to start filling up. LOL

Rick

Latest posts