• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My fusil

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camel73

32 Cal
Reaction score
Cool man! I've got a 5 foot long .62 cal smoothbore with a rock stuck to the side of it - sitting in front of me.
Haha

Just a few days prior......
Oh, I'll just do a little reading about my ancestors. It'll be nice and relaxing......
Riiiiiiight.

That's how all this started.
Not just that, but I knew where some front stuffers were that I could look at.
You know..... for the sake of looking.

Upon my comment that "This is the one, I'll take this one please" (ya, ya... insert eye-roll here) I was informed that it was made for a cancelled Lewis and Clark production some years ago.
Nice!
If I was real lucky, Tom Hanks or Brad Pitt could have wiped a half frozen booger on it or something.

Oh ya, so by the way, I live way up in the cold north of Canada there eh.
Scottish/French-Metis(Cree) pops, German/Welsh ma.

I don't know why, but my brain wants/needs to understand this progression somehow.
My extended family is all getting older and I've lost too many without knowing them as I should.
It makes me think about my family history and how little I actually know of it.

Maybe that's why I like this one so much.
Like, really really like it.
Really really.
Like it.... .. ....lots.

By the looks of it, it's a veteran arms gun out of a Georgia.
My google-foo is getting strong.

India made baby! Lol
Rajasthan Gun Manufacturing Co. out of Udiapur India.
(See... I'm learning people! and..... thank you forum peeps).
I did mention I was Scottish...
Frugal is the word here folks.
I'll make springs if I have to....
Or, more than likely, just replace the lock later down the road.

Anyhoo, I'm pretty stoked.
I'm the only one into the guns+history aspect of things in my immediate family it seems, so maybe that's a good thing.

I need to get some worthy pics of it so you'll all just have to wait.
Sorry.
lol

Tell your ma to sell the outhouse, your hind end now belongs to the best historical hobby and Forum in the world! Congratulations on achieving the True Path, your ancestors are cheering in the hereafter! Good luck with your newfound friend, Many happy smoke filled days lie ahead! Geo.

I live in East Tennessee and hunt with a Fusil from veteran arms (or one of those type places). With a good flint, 2f powder and #6 shot, squirrels don't have a chance.

My fusil de chasse 44" barreled flintlock Screenshot_20210127-033626-800x450.pngScreenshot_20210127-033743-640x360.pngScreenshot_20210127-033757-640x360.png

Lol, I tried making that one picture smaller I don't know how many times, but I gave up.
I also thought hitting the thumbnail button would make them thumbnails but, oh well.

If you post the pictures as thumbnails, they will be entered at the bottom of your post. If anyone clicks on them, it will open a temporary viewing window where they will show up full size. When the person is done looking at them, he/she can poke a rectangular button in the upper right hand area of the viewing window to close it.

Lol, I tried making that one picture smaller I don't know how many times, but I gave up.
I also thought hitting the thumbnail button would make them thumbnails but, oh well.

When you use the Attach Files option, do not click on the "insert: Thumbnail / Full Size" option to the right of the pic once it appears. Just attach as many pics as you want without hitting either of these buttons, then when you're done, hit the Post Reply button. This will make the pics appear as thumbnails at the bottom of your post. I'm not sure why the insert thumbnail option inserts the pics full size, but it does the same to me. I discovered this work around by chance. :dunno:

@Camel73, in your photo application, you will have the option to resize your photos and save under a different name. I suggest a size of 640 x 480 pixels. The forum will also resize large photos, at least some large photos just on sending them to the forum.

Thanks guys.
I tried to change them but I can't find an edit button..... lol

I've been reading up on what it's going to take to get this thing cookin.
As it stands I still need a ball mold (probably just a Lee although I like the idea of a set of tongs), 015" ticking for my patches, wads and cards.
Oh, and a priming doodad (sold out at the moment), since I have 4f.
A bag to put it all in, good to go.

How did you guys start out?

Back