• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first time shooting muzzleloaders.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

granth

40 Cal
Reaction score
Here’s just a couple of videos of me shooting some muzzleloaders. I shot a .50 caliber Traditions Mountain Rifle (percussion) and a .45 caliber flintlock Kentucky Rifle. I had a lot of fun and I really thank the guys at the White Smoke Brigade for showing me the ropes!

Last edited:
That looks like you had more fun than a barrel of Monkeys. Now what they didn't tell you is they put an addictive chemical in that black powder. Once inhaled it will make you buy a new firearm fortnightly.
Lol, I'm hooked! Just got a kit and I'm excited to put it together!!

Just wait till you start pouring round balls. You’ll be searching hardware stores for plumbing lead, you’ll make friends with roofers to get their scrap roofing lead, you’ll start walking backroads looking for wheel weights and you’ll be walking lake banks in winter looking for fishing sinkers.

Then you’ll get a kit to make a powder horn, and then another and another and another,,,,,,

Then you’ll learn to make flints. You’ll walk around looking at every rock you come across to see if it could make a spark.

Then you’ll get some deer or elk antler and start making powder measures by the dozen.

Then you’ll make a shooting bag. You may even find yourself in a thrift store looking at purses and belts that can be repurposed for accoutrements.

And then,,,,,,,

Just wait till you start pouring round balls. You’ll be searching hardware stores for plumbing lead, you’ll make friends with roofers to get their scrap roofing lead, you’ll start walking backroads looking for wheel weights and you’ll be walking lake banks in winter looking for fishing sinkers.

Then you’ll get a kit to make a powder horn, and then another and another and another,,,,,,

Then you’ll learn to make flints. You’ll walk around looking at every rock you come across to see if it could make a spark.

Then you’ll get some deer or elk antler and start making powder measures by the dozen.

Then you’ll make a shooting bag. You may even find yourself in a thrift store looking at purses and belts that can be repurposed for accoutrements.

And then,,,,,,,
Banjoman:
Couldn't a described it better my own self. :thumb:;)
It's an addiction fer sure!
Good luck granth. Prepare them Credit cards fer a shock!! :doh::dunno::eek:
God bless:
Two Feathers

Back