• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first pheasant!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k.jacobfrost

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Pheasant came into season this weekend.
After two days of walking through waist high grass and trying to not fall into the marshy banks. I managed to get my first pheasant. I missed about 4 or 5 of them before connecting with one.
Either my wing shooting skills are lacking or I need to do a lot more work on my shotgun load.
20211017_144357.jpg

Pheasant came into season this weekend.
After two days of walking through waist high grass and trying to not fall into the marshy banks. I managed to get my first pheasant. I missed about 4 or 5 of them before connecting with one.
Either my wing shooting skills are lacking or I need to do a lot more work on my shotgun load.View attachment 100043
Excellent, good for you.

Congrats, keep working on the load until you are confident. But by all means, keep hunting in the process. Your current load works, but load development is a good way to get to know your equipment and to build your confidence in it.

Back