• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My first kit guns.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HavanaMax

32 Cal
Reaction score
Just finished these. Putting them together was fun, now to ty them.
58098AFE-CC29-42E4-92C1-C201A6CF124F.jpeg

My one and only kit gun is a TC .54 cal Hawkin kit that my wife bought for me as a Christmas give about 1985. Still have and shoot it and it still does real well. Not a pretty gun, I plum browned it and used oil on the stock. When newly done the plum brown was pretty . Now all the metal work has turned almost black, which is ok with me now. I remember that it was fun to build and finish back in the 80's. At my age now don't think a project like that would be fun for me, I've gotten older and have turned into more of a nit picker.

I really like building kit guns too. I recently finished my third Lyman Great Plains rifle kit and had it on the range yesterday. Enjoy the results of your time and effort!

I really like building kit guns too. I recently finished my third Lyman Great Plains rifle kit and had it on the range yesterday. Enjoy the results of your time and effort!

Latest posts

Back