• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first horn build.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not nearly as difficult as Was expected, but it is very plain and functional. Carved the plug also.

Attachments

• 20190522_171041.jpg
    20190522_171041.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 20190522_141201.jpg
    20190522_141201.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 191
Congrats, that's a good looking horn. Scroll down 8 or 9 threads and you'll find some interesting stuff on horns. Just had another good looking horn completed last week.

Well, it isn’t too difficult to pop it into a box, and plain old mail it to me. I do function testing, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.

Beautiful ! :cool:

Absolutely beautiful!
If you dont mind me asking, where did buy the raw horn you started with?

Not nearly as difficult as Was expected, but it is very plain and functional. Carved the plug also.
Very nice indeed! Clean lines and nice complimentary strap. I also like the fact that the pour end has remained thick. Horn likes to split from peg pressure.
Good job!:thumb:
Flintlocklar

I like the "plain and functional" look. Did you make the strap as well? We discussed the making of a strap on a inkle loom to a small degree. I may take that up as a next project some day. And I don't believe "peg pressure"has been discussed anytime recently.

You did an excellent job with that horn (your first??) I like it a lot and would be proud to carry it.

Latest posts

Back