• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My First Ball Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The internet is a fickle creature. I get a kick out of folks who tear down others work but don't show theirs. It's not limited to this forum, its anywhere that you can make or fabricate your own items. Keyboard critics, IMHO their opinion (as well as mine) is worth what it costs.

I have a couple old books on muzzle loaders, in one of them the author comments on fine original examples of muzzleloaders that have survived. His thought was that those rifles either belong to wealthy individuals or were not working everyday rifles, therefore they were preserved and survived. I'd be willing to hazard a guess that the "everyday working" rifles and their accoutrements were plain and simple, even ugly to some. But they were functional.

I like your bag, it's unique and you did a fine job. This year has been a year of firsts for me, I retired, did my first real muzzle loader build, I made my first knife and sheath, and I am working on a small ball bag. It's leather, with a draw cord closure. Think a can huggie with a draw string at the top, LOL. None of these things are perfect or period correct, but they serve their purpose and satisfy me. And in the end, that's all they need to do.

Good job.
Justin

The internet is a fickle creature. I get a kick out of folks who tear down others work but don't show theirs. It's not limited to this forum, its anywhere that you can make or fabricate your own items. Keyboard critics, IMHO their opinion (as well as mine) is worth what it costs.

I have a couple old books on muzzle loaders, in one of them the author comments on fine original examples of muzzleloaders that have survived. His thought was that those rifles either belong to wealthy individuals or were not working everyday rifles, therefore they were preserved and survived. I'd be willing to hazard a guess that the "everyday working" rifles and their accoutrements were plain and simple, even ugly to some. But they were functional.

I like your bag, it's unique and you did a fine job. This year has been a year of firsts for me, I retired, did my first real muzzle loader build, I made my first knife and sheath, and I am working on a small ball bag. It's leather, with a draw cord closure. Think a can huggie with a draw string at the top, LOL. None of these things are perfect or period correct, but they serve their purpose and satisfy me. And in the end, that's all they need to do.

Good job.
Justin
Excellent point on the keyboard critics and congratulations on retirement. I consider myself one of those "Jack of all trades and master of none guys". I can fix and or make just about anything I set my mind to, but it may not look like it came off a high-quality product line. As long as it serves its purpose, life is good. I'm almost done with my Kibler SMR build which has taken me much longer than the average bear because of health issues, and it will also be unique and not look like a standard production rifle. Some may like it, some may not, but I guarantee whichever grandchild gets it later in life will love it because Papa put his heart and soul into it.

Good job.
Justin
Excellent point on the keyboard critics and congratulations on retirement. I consider myself one of those "Jack of all trades and master of none guys". I can fix and or make just about anything I set my mind to, but it may not look like it came off a high-quality product line. As long as it serves its purpose, life is good. I'm almost done with my Kibler SMR build which has taken me much longer than the average bear because of health issues, and it will also be unique and not look like a standard production rifle. Some may like it, some may not, but I guarantee whichever grandchild gets it later in life will love it because Papa put his heart and soul into it.
Amen to both of you.

Latest posts

Back