• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My Father's Passing - from Gooba Jones, Jr.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sincerest condolences on the passing of your father, Gooba Jones, Jr. It sounds like he was a wonderful man! My dad passed away on Veteran's Day in 2018 and I miss him greatly, as I know you will miss your's. There will be many things that you will want to tell him about, but can't! He will be surely missed by all who knew him. Don't let the memory of him fade away from your family!

It just goes to show why it's important to make friendly posts to other members when we are replying to another member on the forum. You just never know.
"Seeing that man's days are determined, his number of months are with Thee, Thou hast appointed his bounds that he can not pass."

May he rest in peace. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

God's grace upon your father. My condolences to you and your family in your loss of your father.
The two quotes included are from among the many kind and thoughtful messages to you. I found them to be especially poignant for me on this particular day and I hope that you find them so as well.
God rest your father in the end of his journey.

My Fathers passing.
Hello, my name is Gooba Jones Jr. Son of the late Gooba Jones Sr. I sadly am here to inform you that my father had passed away at 8:15 pm today. Thank you for all you guys do and your lovely forum, my father really enjoyed it, it helped him so much in his last three months of life. He loved this forum so much in fact when I found him dead in his rocking chair, this forum was still on the screen. I just wanted y'all to know about Gooba Jones Sr. 's passing. It would be most appreciated if you could mark his profile beyond the great divide. He deserves it.

Im contacting you through his phone.

Thank You,
Gooba Jones Jr.
First, I want to say I'm praying for your family and I'm so sorry for your loss. Was wondering what does "Mark his profile" mean? Sorry, I'm kinda new to forums.

First, I want to say I'm praying for your family and I'm so sorry for your loss. Was wondering what does "Mark his profile" mean? Sorry, I'm kinda new to forums.

Your status is shown on your profile, usually in the form of pilgrim, or a caliber based on how many posts you have. Once admin is made aware of your passing, your status is changed. In Gooba's case, changed to "Beyond the Great Divide".
I hope the mods don't mind me answering this.

Gooba Jr., I pray the Great Architect continues to give you peace during this time of loss. You continue to be in my thoughts.
Eterry

My Fathers passing.
Hello, my name is Gooba Jones Jr. Son of the late Gooba Jones Sr. I sadly am here to inform you that my father had passed away at 8:15 pm today. Thank you for all you guys do and your lovely forum, my father really enjoyed it, it helped him so much in his last three months of life. He loved this forum so much in fact when I found him dead in his rocking chair, this forum was still on the screen. I just wanted y'all to know about Gooba Jones Sr. 's passing. It would be most appreciated if you could mark his profile beyond the great divide. He deserves it.

Im contacting you through his phone.

Thank You,
Gooba Jones Jr.
May he rest with his savior and hold a spot at the table for me should I be found welcome when my time comes

Your status is shown on your profile, usually in the form of pilgrim, or a caliber based on how many posts you have. Once admin is made aware of your passing, your status is changed. In Gooba's case, changed to "Beyond the Great Divide".
I hope the mods don't mind me answering this.

Gooba Jr., I pray the Great Architect continues to give you peace during this time of loss. You continue to be in my thoughts.
Eterry
Thank you very much

Gooba came in to the camp March 10th and, I expect, had been observing us for some time before. He found companionship here among us, and shared in discussions, and added his knowledge and experience to the learning process that is this Forum.
He gave as good as he got. His time here was all too short but, by his own admission, well spent.
My eyes are moist as I write this. I am happy to have spent this time with you. Life is good. You helped make it so.
Thank you, Gooba.

My condolences to Gooba Jr., and all the Family.

Richard/Grumpa

This is on his profile page. It's from this morning.

Thank you all for providing a nice historical forum, its helped keep this old man's sanity under chek. Been bed ridden for last week and a half, not doin too well health wise. This is probobly my last time logged on at the MLF, as i dont know how much time i have left. Not too long ago found out that I have sepsis, So in other words, accept this as a goodby and keep your powder dry.

Signing Off

Gooba Jones Sr.

Keep yours dry as well...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart
As I said above, Thank You all for your thoughful and kind statements about my late father. You don't know how much your thoughts and prayers help me to relize my fathers last part of life were shared with people with the same interests and likes.

Since his passing, and me being the only son out of four siblings, I've inherited my fathers smoke poles. Which I am grateful for to remeber him and pass on to my sons when my time comes someday. A family heirloom. He will be barried at our family cemetary in northeast Alabama, which goes back to my great great great grandparents. Besides his father, his grandfather Henry Jones, was the one who tought him the old ways of woodsmanship, and introduced my father to traditional muzzlelaoders through his original musket.

Again, I thank y'all deeply from the bottom of my heart for your condolences to the Jones family. Your thoughts are appreciated greatly.

Thank You for providing my father Gooba Jones Sr. A place to share, teach and learn about this hobby. Hope somebody learnt something valuable from him. Feel free to share to the good souls here.

God Bless,
Gooba Jones Jr.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart
As I said above, Thank You all for your thoughful and kind statements about my late father. You don't know how much your thoughts and prayers help me to relize my fathers last part of life were shared with people with the same interests and likes.

Since his passing, and me being the only son out of four siblings, I've inherited my fathers smoke poles. Which I am grateful for to remeber him and pass on to my sons when my time comes someday. A family heirloom. He will be barried at our family cemetary in northeast Alabama, which goes back to my great great great grandparents. Besides his father, his grandfather Henry Jones, was the one who tought him the old ways of woodsmanship, and introduced my father to traditional muzzlelaoders through his original musket.

Again, I thank y'all deeply from the bottom of my heart for your condolences to the Jones family. Your thoughts are appreciated greatly.

Thank You for providing my father Gooba Jones Sr. A place to share, teach and learn about this hobby. Hope somebody learnt something valuable from him. Feel free to share to the good souls here.

God Bless,
Gooba Jones Jr.
God bless you, your father and your family sir.

Back