• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My eyes are going bad!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put this on my Frontier flintlock. Haven't tried it out yet but I have a lot of experience with peep sights. So far my initial impressions are good.

The one reservation that I have is that the aperture is a little too large. Nevertheless, it is a HUGE improvement over the barrel mounted rear sight.

I also like the fact that I can adjust it.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/883/1/RS-DP-GRS

I know this might sound very unconventional, but I'm considering mounting a red dot sight on my hawken.. I'm at the stage where I have a very hard time focusing on the rear sight or the front sight.
Where do I go from here? Is there a picatinny or weaver rail I can mount on the barrel that will allow a red dot sight? and if so, where would you mount it?
I have a William Malcomb scope on my TC flint Hawken. They come in several different lengths and the small tube clears the cock. Looks PC even if it’s not.

A pea sized piece of masking tape on some glasses could of fixed that!
This is called an occluder. At the Skeet Nationals you see about 10% of the shooters using them. I use one.

One can purchase different power reading glasses. I use a .75 for handguns.
No one over the age of 25 can focus on the front sight, rear sight and target. I focus entirely on the front sight. The beauty of longer barrels, to me, is it puts both the target and front sight in a similar focal plane.
An aperture(peep) sight will often reduce groups by half on a round bull target.

We all have to find our way as we age.

Latest posts

Back