• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Cold Steel Frontier Tomahawk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 48679

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I finished modding my Cold Steel Frontier tomahawk.

I changed it from this:

cs90fh$01-cold-steel-frontiers-hawk-1.jpg

To this:

aEQMuP8l.jpg

e2u9Jtwl.jpg

T Y

Yes, painted - the wrap is some tanned buckskin I had, wrapped with a leather lacing.

I plugged the setscrew hole, ground the square edge off the blade underside & shortened the handle.

Looks good ! I have two Cold Steel tomahawk heads partially finished. They got side tracked with the holidays and other stuff. :cool:

I really like your new profile much better. So many of the hawks look too Nordic. I have noticed that in the majority of the pipe hawks, their profiles look more narrow; much like yours (which I prefer). I wonder why they don't offer that kind of profile in the non-pipe ones? In the Tomahawk fight at the end of The Last of the Mohegans at the top of the mountain, their hawks looked more narrow like the pipe hawks.

Thank again for the kind words !

And, yes - I also reduced the cutting edge length a bit via grinding the lower edge of the blade body.

I ground a taper that took about 1/4" off the cutting edge length, tapering to the issue width at the head.

The Hickory handle stained quickly with MinWax Black Walnut stain.

Back