My Cold Steel Frontier Tomahawk

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Reaction score
Nice looking. What did you wrap the handle with. I used sail twine. I take it the diamonds are painted.

Pietro

40 Cal
Reaction score
T Y

Yes, painted - the wrap is some tanned buckskin I had, wrapped with a leather lacing.

I plugged the setscrew hole, ground the square edge off the blade underside & shortened the handle.

JohnL

40 Cal
Reaction score
That’s cool; I’m working on an axe ands hatchet that belonged to my Grandfather right now. I like to see people’s ideas come to life like this.

DOUBLEDEUCE 1

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Looks good ! I have two Cold Steel tomahawk heads partially finished. They got side tracked with the holidays and other stuff. :cool:

flashpoint

40 Cal
Reaction score
I really like your new profile much better. So many of the hawks look too Nordic. I have noticed that in the majority of the pipe hawks, their profiles look more narrow; much like yours (which I prefer). I wonder why they don't offer that kind of profile in the non-pipe ones? In the Tomahawk fight at the end of The Last of the Mohegans at the top of the mountain, their hawks looked more narrow like the pipe hawks.

Pietro

40 Cal
Reaction score
Thank again for the kind words !

And, yes - I also reduced the cutting edge length a bit via grinding the lower edge of the blade body.

I ground a taper that took about 1/4" off the cutting edge length, tapering to the issue width at the head.

The Hickory handle stained quickly with MinWax Black Walnut stain.