• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cannon is not historically correct since it has rubber tires, but the barrel is made from a scrapped M3 37mm anti tank rifle barrel. Guy I bought it from had a couple of chunks that had been cut into 36" to 40" sections. The barrel for this one was the muzzle end of the rifled barrel. I put a pintle ring on the steel carriage and pull it with my jeep or truck when I need to transport it. I bought one of the brass cannon lanyard/hammer locks from Dixie, and set-up with a musket nipple and fired with a lanyard. This set-up works great, instant, and no misfires.

nobodyimportant, a here hold my beer and watch this moment, or "stupid is as stupid does"

the guy had won the lottery and bought himself a small helicopter and was trying to teach himself how to hover in his yard, so there is lots of video of him hopping his helicopter around for days and weeks before the ultimate final crash and fire...

I worked with a guy for years who flew one of those ultra light type helo things, about once a month he would come in all banged up and gimping around, figured if god wanted me too fly he would of gave me wings or seen I spent some time in the Marine Corps the second of which he done.

My neighbor bought a helicopter off ebay. Watched YouTube videos on how to fly helicopters. Hopped it around his 1/2 acre lot in the middle of the neighborhood until he hit a tree and exploded. Huge fire. FAA got involved. That’s my cell phone video in the linkNeighbors say it’s no surprise Lincoln County man crashed helicopter
my dad had a friend who bought a plane from Sears and roebuck. He was a teen, his friend just a little older. They put it together and spent a summer learning how to control it on the ground. Then they hopped it, pretty soon were flying.
Neither ever got a license

I was a Navy Helicopter instructor, some of my students were experienced fixed wing pilots.

I used to fold a sheet of paper into a paper dart and launch it across the crew room, where it would glide for some distance.

I then screwed a similar sheet of paper into a ball and launched that across the crew room.

Thus demonstration the difference between the ability of a fixed wing aircraft to fly, . and helicopter.

They got the point.

The last time I ever got off the ground was flying a (dual control) Spitfire Mk IX , I was older than the aircraft ! Nothing will ever beat that, that's me earthbound from now on. just 'plinking' with my Sharps 45/70 Rifle.

Here is a short video of me firing my 2” canon, just a blank load of 300 gr of canon powder.
Maple carridge, 1910 motorcycle wheels, the original wood set wore out.
View attachment 108276
You performed this demonstration on Dec 7.
Dec 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor Day.
A fine honoring tribute to the men that fought and those that gave their lives on that day. Sadly, it is not a day my town lines the main streets with flags as they do for everything else under the sun.

Back