• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Brown Bess backup.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeMan

Blunderbuss
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Took the Bess out for some Squirrel hunting this evening. I forgot to secure this guy before I left the house so I ended up having company about five minutes after I got to my spot. He’s my youngest German shepherd pup. He done a fine job of saving me a second shot on a wounded squirrel.

If and when it stops raining here i have decided to combat being literally overrun with squirrels. My choice will be my long stored Ped. 30" Officers Carbine. Bought for near nothing decades ago but have always wondered why it came factory browned. Just wish i had a dog like the OP's.

Last edited:
Still grieving over last dog wife and i waiting for one that will outlive us.
They say you can't buy love. Not true. A dog will give unconditional loyality and die trying to save your life. If that's not love I don't know what is.

Horse

We lost our last little doggie, "Brutus", back in August and that simply adds to our misery over losing those that came before. Brutus made human and doggie friends on our daily walks and I so miss our walks together.

Latest posts

Back