• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My brother finally lost his battle with cancer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the video. True HERO! I Thank your family for his service to our country and my family. We live in the greatest Country because of sacrifices men and women like him make for us, people they will never know. Be very Proud of your brother. My Condolences and prayers for your family.

Watched the video. True HERO! I Thank your family for his service to our country and my family. We live in the greatest Country because of sacrifices men and women like him make for us, people they will never know. Be very Proud of your brother. My Condolences and prayers for your family.
Thank you for you kind words. We found out later that he was the oldest American POW in Iraq. After the war ended, he went on to serve three more years in the VMO squadrons until the OV-10 Bronco was retired in 1995. At the time, he was the longest serving and most experienced aerial observer in the Marine Corps (he had flown O-1 Bird Dogs in Vietnam during one tour). As I mentioned before, he viewed serving in the Marine Corps as a gift as well as a great adventure.

I lost a little brother to cancer as well, sorry for your loss. My brother was just a boy and therefore never had to experience any "grown-up problems".

My older brother lost his battle with cancer last night. He had a strong attachment for his beloved Marine Corps - 32 years of Service, including 4 combat tours in Vietnam (from '63 to '69), and retired as a CW5. I thought some of you might enjoy a CSPAN interview of his firsthand account of being a POW in Iraq during the 1st Gulf War.

Persian Gulf War POW Interviews
His interview starts at 1:27:02
Thank you for sharing the interview with your wonderful brother Guy. I sure wish that I could have sat and had a cup of coffee with him.

My prayers are with you and your family in this time of loss. This an especially hard time of the year to lose anyone and especially a brave loved one that gave so much to his country. These hero’s are mst special and I’m sure God has a special place and duty for them. Prayers to help you all get through this tough time but the light at the end is seeing him again!

Very humble man CWO -Thats stout. I was a Captain Marine Infantry Officer when discharged in 1983. Pretty amazing I wasn’t recalled for this first war in 1981. Guess a lot changed in those 8 years. That interview was incredible. Sad you have lost him, you have my condolences. Thank you for sharing his story. Rest easy because he’s in heaven now and one day you’ll be together again. God Bless & Semper Fi.

I'm grateful to your brother and all military personnel who have sacrificed so I could live a peaceful life and live to older age, My third grand son was just born 9/29/21 and is the first child of my second daughter. I think of all the American military when I look in his eyes, and wonder how many service people he met and knew in the pre existence before he volunteered to be born to our family. Thanks to your brother and all who serve, fighting the evil of the world. My he be blessed in eternity. Geo.

I'm grateful to your brother and all military personnel who have sacrificed so I could live a peaceful life and live to older age, My third grand son was just born 9/29/21 and is the first child of my second daughter. I think of all the American military when I look in his eyes, and wonder how many he met and knew in the pre existence before he volunteered to be born to our family. Thanks to your brother and all who serve, fightingthe evil of the world.

My older brother lost his battle with cancer last night. He had a strong attachment for his beloved Marine Corps - 32 years of Service, including 4 combat tours in Vietnam (from '63 to '69), and retired as a CW5. I thought some of you might enjoy a CSPAN interview of his firsthand account of being a POW in Iraq during the 1st Gulf War.

Persian Gulf War POW Interviews
His interview starts at 1:27:02
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

Back