• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My amature made gallery.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Everything that's in this picture I made except for the bag itself. It ain't perfect but I am loving every minute of this hobby. The Fowler I built from a chambers New England Fowler kit. The bag I bought but added a leather holder for my powder measure to the strap and sewed the brush and pick chain to it also dyed it a darker color. I made the horn from a polished horn from powder horns and more. The horn strap I bought from powder horns and more as well. The shot pouch I made out of scrap leather and eyeballed it. Really enjoying learning all this. Not real great at it yet don't have any teachers around here so having to teach myself. Between YouTube books I've bought and this and other forums have been a huge help. For the novice that doesn't think it's possible, it is. Just have fun with it and don't get so worked up over small mistakes. Thank you folks.

Attachments

• IMG_20221123_173920280.jpg
    IMG_20221123_173920280.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
You did great! Good looking gear! I prefer homemade accoutrements to store bought any day. Making stuff is just as much fun as shooting in my book.

So far I’ve made powder, ball, patches and wadding, lube, measures, starters, horns, bags and flints. Haven’t made caps or a gun. Building a gun may be next just so I could put it all together and say I made everything thing in a picture.

I think when you make something yourself, you learn about the effort, skill needed to make an item, and can appreciate things more when you come across them. Gives you insight into what it actually takes to do something and do it well.

Back