My account was hacked.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Teleoceras

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Dear Moderator:

I don't usually come on much anymore since many of my friends had passed on, but I like to check in on the Preflintlock forum every month or two. I was utterly shocked when I tried to get on a few weeks back and was shown that I was banned for vulgar language and arguments. In addition I'm finding private messages that I never made from May.

When I checked my browser history, it showed I had not logged on since mid-March. I have just now changed my password and put in a two step verification for this account. If there is anyway you can track down who this person was via their ISP?

If you see my older posts, I am not a vulgar or argumentative person by nature and feel violated by whomever had done this.

Sincerely Yours,
Teleoceras (The real one)

SDSmlf

70 Cal.
Reaction score
You have to love the technology and the dirt balls who try to take advantage of it for some unknown reason. Imagine going home and at the dinner table telling your kids how many internet accounts you hacked or how many people you scammed? Guess it makes these hair balls proud, just can’t figure out how or why.

Last edited:

Teleoceras

45 Cal.
Reaction score
SDSmlf:

I know what you mean! I just looked at some of the private messages and the offensive language used was appalling. The person who did the hacking was using my account to sell various pistols. I really don't know how someone like that can sleep at night.:(

Reaction score
They sleep very well. At least when they aren't lying awake thinking of ways to hack a person or a site. There was one on here a few months ago that fortunately has disappeared. He either got bored with it or the moderators cut him (or her) off.

Reaction score
Teleoceras, i was one of the "victims" of the hacker. intended that is.
when i contacted "you" he wanted paid via PPFF. something gave me pause and i hesitated. in five minutes he hit me with 4 pm's asking where the money was. when asked what was the hurry, his response was i was holding him up on a date night with his wife.
i backed out and 5 minutes later he posted another for sale, with a different item. i casually aksed on that post if he had enjoyed his date.
over the next 30 minutes i got 8-10 pm's mostly questioning the validity of the marriage of my parents, and threatening to "come see you".
i couldn't ignore the las as i had already given him my shipping address.
my last pm to him was advising that i was sending our communications to the FBI for possible terrorist threats. heard no more.
the thing that saved me losing the 200.00 was i looked at your former posts and the contrast was stark.
hope you have no more trouble over this scum.

SDSmlf

70 Cal.
Reaction score
SDSmlf:

I know what you mean! I just looked at some of the private messages and the offensive language used was appalling. The person who did the hacking was using my account to sell various pistols. I really don't know how someone like that can sleep at night.:(
Any idea how they hacked your account? If one account can be hacked, all the accounts can be hacked.

Reaction score
when i contacted "you" he wanted paid via PPFF. something gave me pause and i hesitated. in five minutes he hit me with 4 pm's asking where the money was. when asked what was the hurry, his response was i was holding him up on a date night with his wife.
i backed out and 5 minutes later he posted another for sale, with a different item. i casually aksed on that post if he had enjoyed his date.
over the next 30 minutes i got 8-10 pm's mostly questioning the validity of the marriage of my parents, and threatening to "come see you".
my last pm to him was advising that i was sending our communications to the FBI for possible terrorist threats. heard no more.
the thing that saved me losing the 200.00 was i looked at your former posts and the contrast was stark.

I Remember,

It was absolutely bazaar!!!

RM

Teleoceras

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I saw that message and I honestly don't blame you for reporting that message! I'm very sorry you had to come to grief like that. Usually I change my password regularly, but I will admit I got lax during the pandemic and learned my lesson from this.

Take care man!

Dude

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Wow. That must be weird having that done to you.

I wonder how those gun transactions went - did the purchaser actually get what was advertised?

Yeah, it's difficult trying to put myself in the same shoes as scum like that. It must be a congenital dislike and contempt for others. They're somehow not associated with the rest of humanity and obviously not tracking with the rest of us. It's a weird viewpoint to try to comprehend.

Reaction score
Kinda same thing happened when I first joined this forum. Ran a want add for a TC .32ca and a guy sends a pm and said his buddy has one here and here is his contact info. Once contacting him or her "could have been Peggy in the igloo" I received pictures of the rifle for sale. I have been looking for many months for one of these rifles so I had viewed many many pictures. One of the pictures he sends is has a guys hand holding the barrel and his thumb looks like it had been damaged in the past. I remembered the thumb picture and looked back, sure enough this scammer had made his whole offer from pictures of Cherokees being sold up to 2 years earlier and from many different sites and forums. He tried several times to contact me afterward and only wanted payment through ZELLE. Could not talk to him only text because he had dropped his phone in the pool and now it didnt dial. I sent a message to our moderator about the issue and it seems it had been tried numerous times before! Hope this helps "Beware of Peggy"

poker

45 Cal.
Reaction score
What I dont get here, is how did you get back in your account? I’d assume someone skilled at hacking would immediately change passwords when they gained access. Why isnt this adding up for me?

Dude

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I don't think it's possible for a scammer to change the password, though I could be wrong. Anyone really good at IT stuff could probably figure out a way, but don't think scammers have figured that one out.
Since he was banned, he'd have to contact the moderator to get back in, at which point he could change his password - hopefully to a strong one.

Could you explain your comment, Johnny?

Reaction score
Sorry that you experienced that ordeal.

A friend was recently hacked. The perp gained access to the credit card information and ordered a bunch of stuff. Friend says auto fill caused his problems. Don't allow auto fill to insert your passwords.

Latest posts