• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My 3/16/22 reply from GOEX

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Sir,

We appreciate you and your friends!

We plan to be back up and running by the end of this year, sometime during the last quarter. Right now, it’s difficult to offer a more precise timeline than that. As you can imagine, we have many things to do between now and then and multiple things or our to-do list, put our schedule at the behest of others.

We’re updating our Distributors, with the most current news on the first Wednesday of each month.
Thank you.
Here’s to looking forward to another 220 years of American Made Black Powder!

Anita Vincenti, Logistics Manager
GOEX Industries LLC

Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2022 1:14 PM

Larry

I hope that that they can be up and running by 2023 and I'm rooting for them but I don't think that we shooters and hunters are the largest consumer of black powder. I would assume that their first priority would be model rocket motors. But there is also military, mining, pyrotechnics, fireworks and sporting powders. So there's a lot of powder that needs to be made after a by then 2½ year lapse in powder manufacturing in the US.

I hope that that they can be up and running by 2023 and I'm rooting for them but I don't think that we shooters and hunters are the largest consumer of black powder. I would assume that their first priority would be model rocket motors. But there is also military, mining, pyrotechnics, fireworks and sporting powders. So there's a lot of powder that needs to be made after a by then 2½ year lapse in powder manufacturing in the US.
Negative Nancy

A new operator/buyer don't step into a closed and damaged black powder plant and begin producing black powder.

1. An assessment of the entire plant must be conducted.

2. The three 5.5 ton Krupp black powder mills in use at that plant have not been manufactured since about 1985. There are no spare parts for the black powder mills, parts must be custom manufactured at considerable expense.

3. New employees must be trained.

4. Yep, operating permits must be obtained. The new owner of the GOEX plant may receive push back from locals.

Seems pretty negative to me- I’d prefer a more optimistic opinion. Perhaps the can half full of black powder, rather than half empty!
We are reading from the company that bought Goex… That they are getting the ball rolling. A few months ago we had no idea if we would ever get any except the imports. Oh and that could be shut down from regulations (no political comments needed!) That’s something to be positive thinking about… Wouldn’t you agree? Or are you also Debby the downer? Now how about that realistic view point?
No. Hinanamra is just being realistic.

I’m willing to bet they will be competitive with the imports- Yet I’m sure a increase of price is a certainty.

Back