• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Muzzleloading Rifle for a Lady

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traditions Deer Hunters are a nice short rifle and we’re made in 32 and 36 caliber along with 45 and 50. They are handy light little rifles. The newer ones had composite stocks but were also available in wood.

Okay, guys and gals. My wife retired last February and I find her sitting around watching TV after she is through with house work. She is a country gal raised in Iowa and has enjoyed shooting in the past mostly pistols, shotguns and .22 rifles. I have built a 100 yard range on our property and have gotten back into traditional muzzleloading. I would like to get her to join me target shooting for fun. She doesn't care to hunt but goes with me on my hunting adventures. I need a recommendation for a rifle for her. I don't want to spend a lot of money in case she doesn't like it. The problem is that she is 4' 10" and left handed so recoil and length of pull could be a problem for her. I am thinking nothing bigger than .40 caliber. What are you all's thoughts?

Thanks
[/QUOTE

Just my 2 cents worth but I’d try for a Traditions St.Louis Hawken .50 kit. A weeks worth of work ( at most) & she’ll have a very nice 7 1/2 lb half stock rifle.

Back