• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Newcomers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is some truth to this,,, but also some deception woven in (not intentionally on your part) with this theory. Because there is also some dilution within the group. All of us would be exponentially smarter than any one of us if it weren't for individuals who operate on a basis of conjecture and their own "reasoning" even in the face of facts or evidence contrary to their conjecture or reasoning. There are many who seem insistent on perpetuating muzzleloading myths amd legends regardless of evidence or new discovery.
Then when someone argues with these individuals, someone gets better hurt and leaves or starts sticking people in the ignore box.
This doesn't help the group's overall combined knowledge.
There is only deception in my “theory” for you because you are perceiving it that way. Even those that are not knowable about what you think is important, know something the rest of us don’t. If a forum member is not being factual it doesn’t make the groups combined knowledge less. It just means the members statements are not factual at that time. So if we look at it the way you perceive it what happens when a forum member gains knowledge?

I'm seeing quite a few questions that indicate that many of the "new" folks aren't that new to muzzle loading but are new to the traditional aspect of it. They seem to be coming from the modern ml side. This is good and I think predictable in the case of some modern ml shooters. They are the ones who are intrigued and curious. They are interested but are starting from the modern aspect. Their questions seem to often elicit derogatory responses. I've seen more than once a new member advised that they are in the wrong forum and told to go elsewhere.

I'm seeing quite a few questions that indicate that many of the "new" folks aren't that new to muzzle loading but are new to the traditional aspect of it. They seem to be coming from the modern ml side. This is good and I think predictable in the case of some modern ml shooters. They are the ones who are intrigued and curious. They are interested but are starting from the modern aspect. Their questions seem to often elicit derogatory responses. I've seen more than once a new member advised that they are in the wrong forum and told to go elsewhere.
I agree, "helping hands" should do more than just open the exit door to those interested in switching to traditional shooting.

We all had to start somewhere. When I go to a large Sporting Goods store(Bass Pro, etc.) and go to the muzzle loading section, all I see now is modern plastic inline stuff. It's no wonder that's where new shooters are obtaining their perspective. If a new person continues to be interested in black powder shooting, sooner or later they will be exposed to the traditional side of things.

There is only deception in my “theory” for you because you are perceiving it that way. Even those that are not knowable about what you think is important, know something the rest of us don’t. If a forum member is not being factual it doesn’t make the groups combined knowledge less. It just means the members statements are not factual at that time. So if we look at it the way you perceive it what happens when a forum member gains knowledge?
I did not mean that you were trying to deceive anyone.
what happens when a forum member gains knowledge?
That seems to depend on the member. There are many who refuse to gain the knowledge provided. They will continue to perpetuate the myths, fallacies, and legend, on the newcomers not matter how much evidence is presented to show that what they are perpetuating is wrong.
And they will continue to pass on those myths and legends.

I did not mean that you were trying to deceive anyone.

That seems to depend on the member. There are many who refuse to gain the knowledge provided. They will continue to perpetuate the myths, fallacies, and legend, on the newcomers not matter how much evidence is presented to show that what they are perpetuating is wrong.
And they will continue to pass on those myths and legends.
You took what I wrote and responded to it out of context. I’ve spent enough of my time on this subject. Thanks

Back