• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Mayhem Fall 2022

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave951

62 Cal.
Reaction score
North South Skirmish Association 2022 Fall Nationals. If you're never been to a N-SSA National, you are missing out on more muzzleloading stuff than you could shake a ramrod at. The weather was crisp in the morning and the smoke filled the valley more than once. We shot in every event except Mortars. While we didn't win anything, we didn't totally embarrass ourselves either. We were in the top third of each small arm and in the bottom third in Rifled Howitzers. On the way out, a stop at Back Creek Gun Shop is always in order to pick up another case of the holy black and another 4k caps before getting on the I-81 International Speedway and Demolition Derby. So a few shots of the Palmetto Sharpshooters point of view-

Sunday musket match and the Fog of War pays yet another visit to Ft Shenandoah. This is Position 18 looking down towards Position 65
IMG_8719.JPG

My son and myself getting ready to start the Smoothbore match. I'm shooting an 1842 Macon 69cal and he's shooting an original 1835 Potsdam 71cal.
IMG_8698.JPG

Time keeping and scoring are important but Safety is paramount. Here my son is checking each competitor before calling the line safe and position cold. I'm waiting for him to clear the team commander before we confer on the scoring.
IMG_8724.JPG

Since he flew in from Kansas, he needed some trigger time to get acquainted with the arms we'd be competing with. Here we're on Position 46 working through the simulated 50yd targets.
IMG_8648.JPG

Another view looking back down to Position 1 during the 1st Relay of the Musket Match.
IMG_8720.JPG

Back