• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Instructors

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
@dave951 and I strike a pose before the Awards Ceremony at the Boy Scout Camp Raven Knob last Friday evening. We had a great group of Scouts last week and another group beginning this week. The number of youth getting involved is growing almost beyond our limited ability to teach so many (maintaining the ratio of instructor to shooter).
The Scouts are eager and diligent learners and more than a few are fantastic shooters.
Hopefully more adults will get involved so more youth can, too :thumb:

Attachments

• Dave and Bob 1.jpg
    Dave and Bob 1.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 3
And a couple more pix from that campfire-

PathfinderNC, a kid from camp who is starting into reeacting and myself.
IMG_8101.JPG

Yeah, we had a crowd....
IMG_8132.JPG

Starting our part of the award ceremony.
IMG_8122 (2).JPG

And a shot from the weekday session. Here we're doing volley fire. We close out each session with it and the kids love it. I'm in command of the front rank as we pour hot lead onto the evil Col Mustard. Somehow, Pvt PathfinderNC is the only one who knows what to do when the "FIRE" command is given.
IMG_8061.JPG

@dave951 tell these good folks about the upcoming instructor pipeline in Winchester, VA. Might be some Virginians/Marylanders/North Carolinians who would like to be involved. @Loyalist Dave do you know anybody?

RM
We have some seats open. I'm not the organizer of this course but here is some basic info. The course will span 2 weekends. Basic Muzzleloading will be the first and we'll administer the qualification component then. We skip a weekend and then the Instructor Courses start. To be eligible for the Instructor Courses, you must complete Basic and shoot the qualification.

Anyone interested in NC, VA, WV contact me and I'll put you in touch with the course organizer. I'll be assisting both weekends. We need more certified instructors across the board.

Back