Muzzleloader shops in CT

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Hota

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I am traveling to Griswold CT and was wondering if there are any muzzleloader shops or unique black powder/rendezvous vendors in the area any would recommend I check out? Thanks

Grimord

Fyrstyk
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
To my knowledge, there are no shops in the SE CT region that carry anything black powder except the usual unmentionables and the fodder to feed them. I only wish there were. closest shop that I am aware of is in Foster RI.

Hota

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
That’s only 30 minutes from where I am. Can you share the name of the place? Thanks

Grimord

Fyrstyk
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Can't remember the name of the place, but it is just over the CT/RI line on Route 6.

Marinekayak

40 Cal
Reaction score
Traditions is located in Old Saybrook right off of 95. Not a traditional gunstore but they often have good deals on used guns/display models. Also has basic supplies like balls patches and cleaning supplies. I dont think they sell powder though.

Grimord

Fyrstyk
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Traditions store is currently closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Hota

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Tha is for the old saybrook referral. Will have to stop sometime in the future. I live in PA but have to be in CT about once a month.

Hota

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I see Lyman is in CT also and appear to have a shop? Middletown CT. I may try to get there also.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
To my knowledge, there are no shops in the SE CT region that carry anything black powder except the usual unmentionables and the fodder to feed them. I only wish there were. closest shop that I am aware of is in Foster RI.
after the fire, he lost his BP, license. it is run by, ADAM, a rely great guy. now it is called RT.6 OUTPOST. same location.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am traveling to Griswold CT and was wondering if there are any muzzleloader shops or unique black powder/rendezvous vendors in the area any would recommend I check out? Thanks
the closest one is in, FOSTER, RI. on RT,#6 as mentioned further down in the posts.