• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader Magazine vs Muzzle Blasts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Greg, you can visit NMLR.org and sign up to receive 3 digital copies of Muzzle Blasts, and try it out to see if you like it.

I appreciate the kind responses in this thread. We are close friends with Jason at Muzzleloader, he is a great supporter of the NMLRA and the muzzleloading community.

I get both. They are the only gun magazines worth subscribing to. There is a reason for that. The content is informative not like all the other gun rags out there the are nothing but adds for the advertisers that buy space on their pages.

I get and enjoy both magazines. If the choice was limited to only one, I would get "Muzzleloader Magazine". The improvement of quality content in "Muzzleloader Magazine" has improved the quality of "Muzzle Blasts".

Yes, there really isn't a versus situation. You should get both (imho)

When I was a kid, for example, I got both Sports Afield and Field and Stream magazines as they covered a wide range of subjects and when they covered the same hunting or fishing topic, they had different perspectives. Not "right v wrong" but simply different approaches. Now alas they are both huge, printed, infomercials, and I don't read them. God forbid anybody writing for them would suggest that the latest and greatest gadget was not necessary ...Sorry, I digress,...🤐

LD

I prefer Muzzleloader for its wider coverage of firearms, history, and culture. Nothing against Muzzle Blasts, just a slightly different emphasis. Muzzleloader and Backwoodsman are my favorite magazines. It's good when they show up in the same week. It's great when they arrive on the same day. My dear wife knows nothing much will get done for a while when that happens.

Jeff

Hey Greg, you can visit NMLR.org and sign up to receive 3 digital copies of Muzzle Blasts, and try it out to see if you like it.

I appreciate the kind responses in this thread. We are close friends with Jason at Muzzleloader, he is a great supporter of the NMLRA and the muzzleloading community.

Clarification, NMLRA.org, looks like I didn’t have enough coffee on Monday.

I'm a long time subscriber to Muzzleloader and look forward to each new issue. How does Muzzle Blasts compare to it with number and quality of the articles? thanks
I get both. Each has it's qualities. MB heavier on hands-on, ML heavier on history. Mike Nesbitt's column in ML is worth price alone; MB helps support the only really viable ML org. extant. If you can afford, get the Two! Plus you get an issue each month of MB to fill in the gap waiting for bi-monthly ML. Just my two cents! Thanks, gentlemen.

Clarification, NMLRA.org, looks like I didn’t have enough coffee on Monday.
Yeah, that's one of Mike Nesbitt's tongue-in-cheek writing bits; I counted 7 mentions of coffee in the first two introductory paragraphs of one of his stories; I've often said he couldn't pass an English writing course from a 7th grade teacher, but he packs information and tips in there in a fun way to read. It's the first thing I turn to in each new issue of Muzzleloader!

I get both. They are the only gun magazines worth subscribing to. There is a reason for that. The content is informative not like all the other gun rags out there the are nothing but adds for the advertisers that buy space on their pages.
BTW, a magazine for modern guns called Gun Tests takes absolutely NO advertising, so when some modern gun they review has a flaw, they call it like it is...all the other commercial gun mags dance between the lines and equilivate (sp.?) due to owing the advertisers...

Yes, there really isn't a versus situation. You should get both (imho)

When I was a kid, for example, I got both Sports Afield and Field and Stream magazines as they covered a wide range of subjects and when they covered the same hunting or fishing topic, they had different perspectives. Not "right v wrong" but simply different approaches. Now alas they are both huge, printed, infomercials, and I don't read them. God forbid anybody writing for them would suggest that the latest and greatest gadget was not necessary ...Sorry, I digress,...🤐

LD
As Ed McMahon would say to Johnny Carson, "You are correct, sir!"

BTW, a magazine for modern guns called Gun Tests takes absolutely NO advertising, so when some modern gun they review has a flaw, they call it like it is...all the other commercial gun mags dance between the lines and equilivate (sp.?) due to owing the advertisers...
So, what did they say about the new Lyman Great Plains Rifle built by Pedersoli? Have they tested any of the guns recently built by TVM?
I wonder if they would pay anything for one of our members to send in his newly made Kibler longrifles?? That could make an interesting read. :)

So, what did they say about the new Lyman Great Plains Rifle built by Pedersoli? Have they tested any of the guns recently built by TVM?
I wonder if they would pay anything for one of our members to send in his newly made Kibler longrifles?? That could make an interesting read. :)
Gun Tests magazine doesn't do muzzleloaders...just not their thing. I've personally said, muzzleloading is as much art as science, so objective testing is difficult to do. Mike Nesbitt did a fine review of the new Pedersoli GPR recently. There are so many variables I ML, charges, thicknesses, etc., the variety is endless.

Back