• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Muzzleloader Mag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalker

40 Cal
Reaction score
I’m curious what back issues of Muzzleloader magazine would be considered a “must have”. I have not subscribed yet and the back issues that are available got me thinking. I’m mostly interested in hunting and early American history - early settlers, pioneers, fur trade, the wars, etc. Emphasis on hunting, but I love learning and reading about history too. I’m building a list of winter reading to get me through until spring now that hunting season is over and the sun has disappeared for the next 5 months. I appreciate any suggestions.

All of them.
I suppose I'm sort of obcessive, but I have a large stack of Muzzleloader magazines that go back many years. Here on my computin' machine I keep a reference list of what articles are in what issue of the magazine. However, I've only cataloged the "how to do it" articles, not the historical or hunting stories. I update it with every issue as I finish reading it.
Some probably think its kind of anal, but it makes it easy for me to go back and look up something. For instance, I am current making a new shot bag. I have gone back and read multiple articles about just that that have appeared in Muzzleloader over the years.
However, starting with a new subscription, I would just begin with collecting the first one that I receive and going on from there.
There is lots of good reading available free right here on the Internet.

All of them.
I suppose I'm sort of obcessive, but I have a large stack of Muzzleloader magazines that go back many years. Here on my computin' machine I keep a reference list of what articles are in what issue of the magazine. However, I've only cataloged the "how to do it" articles, not the historical or hunting stories. I update it with every issue as I finish reading it.
Some probably think its kind of anal, but it makes it easy for me to go back and look up something. For instance, I am current making a new shot bag. I have gone back and read multiple articles about just that that have appeared in Muzzleloader over the years.
However, starting with a new subscription, I would just begin with collecting the first one that I receive and going on from there.
There is lots of good reading available free right here on the Internet.
That’s the answer I was afraid of. Haha. It looks like a great resource and possibly some really good reading. I’ll have to just start buying a few at a time. Thank you for your input!

I still have a suit case full of them from the 90s. All kinds of different mags. I went on a research mission to learn everything I could about rondys and what I needed.
Still use 90% of the stuff today.

Just go ahead and subscribe. The magazine has articles from all periods of the muzzleloading era. The majority seem to be of earlier, eastern periods but all are interesting. You will enjoy it.

I’m curious what back issues of Muzzleloader magazine would be considered a “must have”. I have not subscribed yet and the back issues that are available got me thinking. I’m mostly interested in hunting and early American history - early settlers, pioneers, fur trade, the wars, etc. Emphasis on hunting, but I love learning and reading about history too. I’m building a list of winter reading to get me through until spring now that hunting season is over and the sun has disappeared for the next 5 months. I appreciate any suggestions.
Yeah, just subscribe and make your own "pile of needed" issues! I love the magazine!:)

Unfortunately anything (Mags) shipped from the US to Ca the shipping is more then the subscriptions sometimes.
Stopped several Subscriptions years ago because of that.

Unfortunately anything (Mags) shipped from the US to Ca the shipping is more then the subscriptions sometimes.
Stopped several Subscriptions years ago because of that.
Wow! Sorry to hear that! I guess we get a bit spoiled here; the costs are relatively low. Can you access them on -line?

Back