• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Muzzleloader Confiscated at Mass. Airport

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erhunter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
This 71 year old gentleman had his muzzleloader confiscated at Mass. Airport on Saturday morning. Mass. Airport 001.JPG

Well that's a shame. I wonder if the old man didn't know the regulations. But WOW, in any event, if I had a beauty like that I would have had it in a much more protective case knowing how baggage handlers so "gently" treat luggage.
I remember many years ago a group of us were going on a spring bear hunt in Idaho. We were already boarded when one of those luggage trams came flying up to the aircraft and mad a sharp U-turn. We watched as a couple of our rifle cases went skidding across the tarmac!

It is his own fault , know the rules before you take any firearm into a airport.
How does anyone know all the rules, there are almost 40,00 at last count! Maybe the guy believes in,
5efe870f4dda1.image-123793697.png

and figures he's covered. Some of us still believe we are innocent until proven otherwise and didn't figure on legislators, sworn to the constitution, enacting unconstitutional laws making felons of people who have committed no wrong's and are living their life the way their fathers, grandfathers, and on down the line did. Most people I know don't get up in the morning and call state and federal authorities with their itinerary for the day and asking if its legally acceptable.
Robby

One of the many reasons I no longer fly anywhere.

Same here.
I would rather spend two days driving somewhere than one day flying to the same place.
When you figure up the time involved in arriving at the airport 2 hours before takeoff, down-time between connecting flights, picking up and returning the rental car, etc., driving yourself to your destination can be nearly as fast as flying, ( especially if there are any flight delays ) and you skip lots of potential hassles. Plus, if you want to stay longer or come back early you can just do it without asking for someone’s permission.

Well that's a shame. I wonder if the old man didn't know the regulations. But WOW, in any event, if I had a beauty like that I would have had it in a much more protective case knowing how baggage handlers so "gently" treat luggage.
I remember many years ago a group of us were going on a spring bear hunt in Idaho. We were already boarded when one of those luggage trams came flying up to the aircraft and mad a sharp U-turn. We watched as a couple of our rifle cases went skidding across the tarmac!
carefull with that "old man" there my friend. he is a youngster!
still he should have known better. and if it was packed in the duffle he should be ashamed.

How does anyone know all the rules, there are almost 40,00 at last count! Maybe the guy believes in,
View attachment 210337
and figures he's covered. Some of us still believe we are innocent until proven otherwise and didn't figure on legislators, sworn to the constitution, enacting unconstitutional laws making felons of people who have committed no wrong's and are living their life the way their fathers, grandfathers, and on down the line did. Most people I know don't get up in the morning and call state and federal authorities with their itinerary for the day and asking if its legally acceptable.
Robby

I think we ALL believe in the 2nd. here. This is 2023 and anyone who thinks he can just waltz in a airport with anything that even looks like a gun is a damn fool.

View attachment 210337
Robby
For now, but sadly soon very soon. Seems like I heard that somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back