• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader and game photo

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
93e26441db05132a6e4c7c8b1a161631ffbdb423.jpg

Some really really nice photos you guys have taken. I have a few, but all have my pic in them also. I'll try to do better in the future.

Here are a couple for ya to laugh at. The first is my first rifle I ever built and the first deer with it.The second pic is the last rifle I built with the last deer I killed. It was colder than a well diggers arse that night! :v

muzzkill.jpg

009_7.jpg

A private ranch in Hot Springs, Mt. I don't recall if it was on or near the Flathead Indian Reservation. It is no longer available. I have another lined up this Jan just east of Billings, Mt.

I'm trying to decide what gun to use. I took the last one with a .54. I'm leaning towards a 405 grn. .45 Underhammer or my .62 RB underhammer. I also have a Shilo Sharps 45/70 that needs to be baptized.

Cabela's should use your pic in thier catalog, they would sell more of thier Hawken's

XXX said:
Cabela's should use your pic in thier catalog, they would sell more of thier Hawken's

:haha: Reminds me of Polaris ran a Tell us your storys using your Polaris thing years ago, mid 90's maybe. They showed a new person and a short story, I think it was a two page add in most hunting mags every month. I wrote a letter telling them the modifications I made to one of their Big Boss 2x4, roll cage and pedistal seat in the back, so I could drive where I wanted to, pull myself up into the chair and hunt. The thing was my legs and without I could never see the woods like I did.

Got a nice letter back thanking me for choosing Polaris but my story just did not fit their criteria and they really couldn't use it. I guess they didn't figure there was much of a market for the disabled and showing those who didn't know, there was a way to get into the woods and hunt again.....

I made sure when it was time ti buy a new machine, it wasn't a Polaris.

I hear you Swampy.
I went to the Polaris dealer here about six years ago ready to make a purchase. Stood around about 35 mins and never got waited on. I mean they just ignored me. I left and went to the Kawasaki dealer and drove home with a Prairie 360 4x4 about 45 mins later. Polaris can kiss my ---. :cursing:

Swampy said:
XXX said:

:haha: Reminds me of Polaris ran a Tell us your storys using your Polaris thing years ago, mid 90's maybe. They showed a new person and a short story, I think it was a two page add in most hunting mags every month. I wrote a letter telling them the modifications I made to one of their Big Boss 2x4, roll cage and pedistal seat in the back, so I could drive where I wanted to, pull myself up into the chair and hunt. The thing was my legs and without I could never see the woods like I did.

Got a nice letter back thanking me for choosing Polaris but my story just did not fit their criteria and they really couldn't use it. I guess they didn't figure there was much of a market for the disabled and showing those who didn't know, there was a way to get into the woods and hunt again.....

I made sure when it was time to buy a new machine, it wasn't a Polaris.

I would have thought a story like that would have made thier day. It is much better than someone who just rode thier wheeler to a treestand and then shot something while the wheeler was just parked there.

Hey Swampy,
In your photo with the deer, is your hat orange, or is that a "slip-cover", for want of a better term?
I'd consider making a slip-cover, but I guarantee I'd loose it from one year to the next.

trent/OH said:
Hey Swampy,
In your photo with the deer, is your hat orange, or is that a "slip-cover", for want of a better term?
I'd consider making a slip-cover, but I guarantee I'd loose it from one year to the next.

Thats actually a hunter orange hat. I didn't want just any old orange hat as we are required to wear one and found this one on the internet. The problem is they only make it for obviously warmer weather as the top, all the way around has holes in it. Not to much of a problem early season but when the cool wind is blowing, you know it. So I have been carrying and putting over the top a knit orange hat that stops the cold air when needed. You can see it better in this pic. I thought about cutting and stitching the knit hat inside so it's not seen but just never got around to it and probably won't.

pi20051.jpg

Swampy, It's amazing how the big-wig companys look to the bottom line on everything these days! I would think that story of yours would sell a few more machines for them....Oh well!

Rick

Here is one I just so happen to be in the picture as well. My first deer ever and I took him with my Renegade.

jpeg95reencoded.jpg

Nice,

As this thread is about Muzzleloader and game photo's. I'm one who really likes to record my hunting memorys. We all do things differently but I try to take pictures before gutting the deer if at all possible. Thats not always something that can be done for various reasons but It does make for a better picture if your at all able to. Plus a quick cut with the knife gets the tongue out of the picture. Just takes a second to do and it makes a much better picture when theres no tongue hanging out. I've also been known to clean as much blood off as possible with leaves or a rag. A few minutes and a few little things can mean the differance between someone who does not hunt from saying "Ewwww" to "Oh nice picture" I se this a lot with visiting nurses and Physical Therapist who both are female, both have no problem with all my deer heads and pictures on the wall and the PT is a vegatarian. Just not one of the radical ones.

IMG_8029.jpg

I try to take the photo before gutting but as you say it's not always possible. However, with the magic of photoshop you can cover up some of it. This photo was after it was gutted and dragged out. There was a gaping open cavity in the photo. Now it just looks like blood stain fur.

i have quite a few pics of different blackpowder kills.here are some of them.
first rabbit with blackpowder. it was on a dead run
DSCF3083.jpg

first deer ever killed by me. it was shot with an original 1900 century 14 guage double barrel english shotgun.
DSCF1673.jpg

77 yard groundhog with 32 cva squirrel rifle with 20 grains of FFF
DSCF3249.jpg

first flintlock groundhog. i hid by its hole and shot it at 1 foot away.
06060911541.jpg

first time using blackpowder for squirrels. this is one of the best squirrel hunts i've had.
DSCF0267.jpg

first squirrel ive shot with a 32 muzzleloader and another squirrel with double.
DSCF0287.jpg

first 32 only squirrel hunt,with good results.
DSCF0312.jpg

second flintlock groundhog. 55 yard head shot.
DSCF1015.jpg

first squirrel with 32 custom flinter.
DSCF1048.jpg

first try dove hunting with muzzleloader netted 2 doves. well worth the challange !
DSCF1052.jpg

second squirrel with 32 custom
DSCF1057.jpg

first squirrel for NWTF 12 guage double
DSCF1081.jpg

big fall groundhog blasted with NWTF 12 guage with squirrel load.
DSCF1087.jpg

another dove with double 12.
DSCF1084.jpg

well these are the ones I have right now. hopefully i will have more to come. cheers SS. :wink:

Back