• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader and game photo

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only 2 bird morning i've had, and it was with my smoothbore renegade. Botton one was a plump one too, 22#.
birdys.jpg

I have a renagade 56 cal. Is that what you used on the birds? If so what powder charge and shot amount and size.

BILLYGOAT

Billygoat..yup, .56 smooth bore, and if i remember right i was using about 7/8 of an ounce of #6 shot, with an equal volume FFg...experimented with that one a while, as i recall it didnt pattern real good, or at least not with the stuff i ran through it. maybe i was doin something wrong though, i aint up to savvy on smoothbores. ended up with some fairly thick .56 felt wads i drug home from some gunshow, used those as an overpowder wad.

after i got a 12ga new englander (pawnshop find with some KILLER wood on it) i ended up selling off the 56SB barrel, kinda thinkin i shoulda kept it.

Gerald

a batch of squirrels taken with the .32cherokee..if ya look real close you can see it hangin on my side. dont remember when this was, guessin it to be about 12 years ago.
002_2.jpg

a good day in the woods...me & a huntin buddy both used .32cherokees, thats mine in the pic. i took the 7 up top, (6 foxes and 1 gray) and he got the 2 foxes & 3 grays at the bottom.
004_4.jpg

couple of pix of a good buck i took with Hattie Longshanks, same one i used on the spike:
015_15.jpg

009_9.jpg

found anothe pic of the Renegade birds, scanned it in. i sure like that gun. i think i'll go kill sumthin with it soon. :wink:
019_19.jpg

Here's a picture i finally found of me and my 8 year old son, with a little 4 pt. buck i took in 1996, with the very first muzzleloader i ever owned. I wish to the heaven above i had never sold that little rifle. That was 13 years ago, my son is now 21 years old... :( ..."Damn"...i'am getting old... :(

The rifle was an Itailian made, "Sile" .50 cal Hawken. The most accurate rifle i've ever owned. Funny story behind this rifle. My 14 year old nephew came over one afternoon while i was out shooting and as is famous with most teenagers, he started in with his little comments about how shooting muzzleloaders was stupid and that you can't hit anything at a long distance. So i say to him, "Micky, here's what i'am going to do". So i picked up an old metal sauce pan lid, about 8 or 10" in diameter, that had a black handle in the center, so I hung it on a tree. I said, "Micky, i'am going to pace off 100 yards, and i'am going to shoot the handle out of the center of this lid". He of course said i was crazy and could never do it. Needless to say, i paced off the 100 yards, turned and fired, "freehanded" and the... "PLINK"... told us i hit it, but we couldn't see through the smoke. So we walked back down to the tree and sure enough, there was a huge hole, dead center of the lid and the handle was no where to be found... :shocked2: He of course started hollaring, "It was luck, Do it again". Sorry Micky, i called my shot, and i made it, nuff said. :blah:

Sorry, i didn't mean to hijack your post, but i thought ya'll might enjoy this little true story and our picture from a long time ago.. :thumbsup:

Danny.. :hatsoff:

IMG00066.jpg

DSC02282.jpg

here's my '09 jake ,my pup and some nice curly maple...let's see what the fall hunt brings this year.

:hatsoff: Great posts to all you fella's. Thanks for shareing with the rest of us still waiting for opening day.

You guys make me want to get out and do some hunting. Our squirel season here in Michigan opens on the 15th.

28320post1.JPG

A two year old taken with a .54, Cabelas, Hawkens. It was 25 degrees. I had to warm the camera up because the cold caused it to fail.

Our small game seasons stated this weekend but I haven't had a chance to do anything but shoot at a can in the yard. I can't wait to get in the woods.

Back