• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Muzzle Loading Season Opens in the Morning!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
And I couldn't ask for better then this!! I've been scouting an area and there are a number of does but there is also a nice size buck that I saw very briefly but I know he's there. It should stay cold enough for the snow to stay on the ground and tracking should be a little easier. We'll See.
snow 10-30-20.jpg

With snow you will do better than the three of us did last week at camp in central PA... Was too warm , deer/bear nocturnal. If we would have bagged a deer or bear , butcher told me @ 60 degrees F., , you have only 6 hours before red meat starts to deteriorate. Get meat to cold asap. Good luck , make meat...........oldwood

we also had our first snow fall yearsterdy, 10-30-20. in RI. looks like your neck of the woods.

Went out this morning and saw two small does but I’m going to look for the buck I saw a couple of weeks ago. If I don’t see the buck before the season ends in 10 days I’ll take a doe. The area I’m hunting in has light hunting pressure so the does will stay in the area I hope but one never knows. Nice doe you got in Vermont. I’m next door in New Hampshire and if I see a good size doe like you shot I’ll take it.

My plan is to take the .50 SMR out next week for whitetail. I have an elk in the freezer so no pressure. Friends are coming up on the 8th and forecast is for snow the 6th 7th and 8th. Will keep an eye on it.

Thank you Walkingeagle & Jeff G. The spring turkey season might be possible, but if not, certainly next fall. I already have the gun/load/accessories ready to go.

Didn't even go out for the early season, too warm. with all of the metal parts in my body I don't move too good any more. I might start to process a deer but there is no guarantee that I could finish the same day.

Ours was last week. Took a Cous deer spike on Saturday. DAMN them are small. Got 25 packages of meat! Oh well, they say they are the best tasting deer, will report back on that. Least I have a Cous under my belt now.

Also, I see I drew a javalina tag, likely a HAM (handgun, archery, muzzleloader) tag. Also turkey. Maybe 2021 wont suck as bad as 2020 has. Will know more Weds AM? Maybe? Geez I'm tired of the politics.

Back