• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzle Loaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Muzzle loading Forum.
I’m new to this forum and my basic interest is in percussion revolvers. It’s a very fine forum and I wish I had discovered it 20 years ago.

Are percussion revolvers considered “muzzle loaders”. I suppose not in the strictest sense as they aren’t loaded from the “muzzle”.
Even the hand gun section depicts a single shot, I do have two of those though rarely shoot them.
Ive owned five long guns, A Cherokee in 45 caliber and two of the “ in line” more modern styles a Black Diamond and a Remington model 700. The Cherokee was sold and the two in lines given to my youngest son. I have and shoot frequently a Remington Revolving Carbine and a Burnside Carbine circa 1864. Neither muzzle loaders. I also have a Remington 1894 12 gage S/S with Damascus barrels that I load and shoot paper black powder shells in. Im also a black powder “purist” shooting between 12 and 15 pounds of black a year. Mostly 3F in the revolvers 2F in the breech loader and shot gun.
Any way since from around 1980 I’ve managed to acquire a collection of 25 or so black powder guns , none of them currently muzzle loaders so to speak or are they. :cool:

It is a muzzleloader only in the sense that you are pouring loose powder into the chamber, pressing a ball on top, and igniting it with a percussion cap.

BUT, it is still a popular black powder pistol.

Back