FOR SALE Muzzle Coning Tool

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

flintsteel

32 Cal.
MLF Vendor
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
For 30 years these precision made tools have been the preferred way to cone the muzzles of roundball guns either rifled or smoothbore. Greatly eases starting the ball and the long cone allows the ball to be gently swaged into the bore without damage. I believe accuracy is unchanged. There are many guns that have been coned with this tool and I have never had anyone comment that the gun shot worse. Due to the long cone and close tolerances each caliber requires a specific tool. Most calibers from .32 to .62 on hand. I can also make tools for unusual calibers. $52.00 postpaid.

Send me a note by clicking anywhere below my name and then click on “start a conversation” for more information.

Joe Wood

Enfield58

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have one of Joe's coning tools. It is a first rate tool that you don't want to do without.

I used it to cone a .45 caliber rifle and four pistols. Say good bye to the ball-starter!

Sicilian Hunter

32 Cal.
Reaction score
For 30 years these precision made tools have been the preferred way to cone the muzzles of roundball guns either rifled or smoothbore. Greatly eases starting the ball and the long cone allows the ball to be gently swaged into the bore without damage. I believe accuracy is unchanged. There are many guns that have been coned with this tool and I have never had anyone comment that the gun shot worse. Due to the long cone and close tolerances each caliber requires a specific tool. Most calibers from .32 to .62 on hand. I can also make tools for unusual calibers. $52.00 postpaid.

Send me a note by clicking anywhere below my name and then click on “start a conversation” for more information.

Joe Wood
Got pics?

Enfield58

40 Cal
Reaction score
Got pics?
Here's a photo of the .45 caliber coning tool that I got from Joe. I liked it so much that I ordered five more of different calibers! Say goodbye to the ball starter!

Coning Tool.jpg

Here are some videos that will explain the use of the coning tool. Just follow Joe's directions and you cannot go wrong. Joe supplies a template with his tool.

flintsteel

32 Cal.
MLF Vendor
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, David I have them in .45. I usually keep all common calibers from .32 to .62 in stock.

fire bear

32 Cal
Reaction score
Is coning useful when using conicals? I hunt with Lee REAL and TC Maxi hunter in .50 in a couple of different rifles so I was wondering.

flintsteel

32 Cal.
MLF Vendor
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Fire Bear, I strongly suggest you do NOT cone the muzzle of a gun that shoots conicals. They are totally different animals and while roundball guns love a cone I think you’d risk losing accuracy. I’m glad you asked first! Smart.

Joe

fire bear

32 Cal
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer, thought that might be the case with the longer, harder bearing surface.

Reaction score
I recently bought a Joe Wood tool and it did an amazing job. SO much easier to load and accuracy does not seem to have been affected.

LANEY REECE

36 Cl.
Reaction score

Joe Wood
Mr. WOOD HOW DO I SEND THE MONEY IF I WANTA 32.CAL CONING TOOL?

flintsteel

32 Cal.
MLF Vendor
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, Laney.....

thanks for your note. Ordering is simple, just send me your address through this forum and I’ll have it on the way as soon as tomorrow. All I ask is for you to start a personal check or whatever coming this way at about the same time. I operate on trust.

Joe Wood
5311 Briar Street
Amarillo, TX 79109

(806) 352-3032

LANEY REECE

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Hi, Laney.....

thanks for your note. Ordering is simple, just send me your address through this forum and I’ll have it on the way as soon as tomorrow. All I ask is for you to start a personal check or whatever coming this way at about the same time. I operate on trust.

Joe Wood
5311 Briar Street
Amarillo, TX 79109

(806) 352-3032
10-4 MR. WOOD.ARE THEY STILL $52.00

flintsteel

32 Cal.
MLF Vendor
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, inflation hasn’t struck here! Remember to send your address if you want it.

flintsteel

32 Cal.
MLF Vendor
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Noce visiting with you. No, I didn’t receive your address.

KenKeiger

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Joe Wood. Would like a .50 and a .45 Ken Keiger 6132 Whaleyville Blvd Suffolk, Va 23438 Checks in the mail..............

MSW

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Another plug for Wood's tools … last time I bought one, I just sent him a check and he put it in the mail as soon as he got my letter. If the Fortune 500 were serious about customer service, they could learn a lot from this fellow!

sprucefly

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Dear Joe

Please send me a .50 and a .54 tool to John Martin PO Box 3283 Homer AK 99603. Check goes in the mail today. Thanks.

flintsteel

32 Cal.
MLF Vendor
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
John, I just saw your post. Will have the tools in today’s mail. Thanks!

Joe

Latest posts