• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzle blast silencers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our range shooting line is a three sided building with only the front open toward the berm. The ceiling is well baffled and actually does help some.

Works for the Army as well...
1599704744210.png

Does anyone shoot at a range that has blast silencers/absorbers? I don't know what they are called and I have never seen one or even heard of one till I saw this news article. If it works it would sure make things a lot more pleasant when a neighbor has a cannon or a black rifle with a big magazine. And, you just insert the muzzle so it wouldn't interfear with a flintlock vent.

View attachment 42400
Are there any baffels in the cylinder. Shoot a lot at my home range and would like to quiet it up a bit for the neighbors. Looks like a good idea. How about more pictures of the construction. Thanks

Are there any baffels in the cylinder. Shoot a lot at my home range and would like to quiet it up a bit for the neighbors. Looks like a good idea. How about more pictures of the construction. Thanks
There's a video on YouTube of a home made version - from a plastic 55 gallon drum with foam inside. Seems to work well on his black rifle...

That thing must have been PITA to screw onto that tank gun. :dunno:

I live in Maine and the skeeters can't begin to compare with the millions of B29 skeeters in Georgia. And for bugs in general, Maine just doesn't have any. Again, go to Georgia.
images-23.jpg

Back