• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzle blast magazine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard a couple years ago that alot of people were upset beacause they were startin to focus alot of attention on modern inlines.Is that the case currently?

I have heard a couple years ago that alot of people were upset beacause they were startin to focus alot of attention on modern inlines.Is that the case currently?
My latest edition didn't have any articles about in-lines that I recall. If there was, it was so little that I never noticed it.

Not a bit. All sidelocks, as far as I remember, and I read through every issue when I receive it. I do remember one article by a fellow in California who had to shoot lead free projectiles, so I think he may have used saboted bullets, but in a flintlock jaeger with fast twist! You get articles about competitive shooting, hunting, gunbuilding, living history, antique guns, identification of old guns, and a lot of NMLRA club news. I just don't remember anything about inlines.

If you email me your postal address ( thru the private message system on this website ) ...I'll send you a few magazines to read.

They will be FREE of charge.

Magazines will be mailed Friday.
Good on you, Mark! This is the kind of thing that warms my heart!

Notchy Bob

I DIDNT TAKE OVER you barged in i WAS ansering about muzzleblast magazine.I SHOOT,HUNT the magazine isnt much more than ancient living.MY friend n me win the territorials and beat the pants off them and have fun and laugh with used 250.00 rifles..one i bought at a lawnsale for 50.00.STUCK UP scoffers at us using cleanshot powder and pyrodex.LOL

There are expenses to run a territorial. Of course the old timer quit. Maybe due to health, maybe due to attitudes like yourself, maybe the old timer is not as savy as you technology wise around a computer. Offering to help is obviously beyond your capabilities.
no it wasnt his HEALTH THE REASON HE quit..He was told like YOU WILL ..oh really ..well i quit

MY CAPABILITYS IN QUESTION ..OH REALLY..THATS WHY I HAVE A 500 MEMBERSHIP TO A FACEBOOK MUZZLELOADING GROUP .ITS FUN ITS FREE ..NMLRA wont even post scores on a computer..I KNOW THE reason..because when a new guy with a 200.00 used rifle beats the regulars..THEY get embarrassed ..thats why we cant use names and were replaced with numbers at the event...haha

Signed up for the 3 free issues of Muzzle Blast a couple days ago but haven't received the link for download ??

I enjoy the magazine . I have been been a NMLRA member since the 1970s, The variety of stories and information covered has been good. Going to the Friendship, Ind., matches is a treat. I have been making the spring event for nearly 20 years. I mainly compete in trap and skeet and have a fine time.

MY CAPABILITYS IN QUESTION ..OH REALLY..THATS WHY I HAVE A 500 MEMBERSHIP TO A FACEBOOK MUZZLELOADING GROUP .ITS FUN ITS FREE ..NMLRA wont even post scores on a computer..I KNOW THE reason..because when a new guy with a 200.00 used rifle beats the regulars..THEY get embarrassed ..thats why we cant use names and were replaced with numbers at the event...haha
Well would you look at that. On page 22 and 23 in this month's, march, muzzle blasts. I do declare it be the 2020 territorial match report. A listing of the top guns by class. What a wonderful sight to see! Some of the classes list like 10 places! But they do not say what kind of gun they shot. Just flinter, percussion, pistol, musket, shotgun etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well would you look at that. On page 22 and 23 in this month's, march, muzzle blasts. I do declare it be the 2020 territorial match report. A listing of the top guns by class. What a wonderful sight to see! Some of the classes list like 10 places! But they do not say what kind of gun they shot. Just flinter, percussion, pistol, musket, shotgun etc.
bout time but its TOO late I shoot territorials with NRA MEMBERSHIP...NH QUIT THE TERRITORIAL AND MAINETOO MANY DEMANDS...i quit The year that they asked the NRA for joint membership.I READ there territorial demands,,, N THEN THE GUYS EMAIL DONT WORK..HAHA

bout time but its TOO late I shoot territorials with NRA MEMBERSHIP...NH QUIT THE TERRITORIAL AND MAINETOO MANY DEMANDS...i quit The year that they asked the NRA for joint membership.I READ there territorial demands,,, N THEN THE GUYS EMAIL DONT WORK..HAHA
Bout time? These are the 2020 results and i hope you realize there is a two month lead time to get anything in the magazine or for any publication. There are things called layouts, editing, printing, mailing that does take a few minutes to get done to vcreate a publication. But you only seem to care enough to yell at me with all caps. Obviously you know you are doing it as you are selective. Bye bye hunter.

I took Muzzle Blast from the mid 70s up to the inline intrusion. But respect they pretty well had to embrace the contempable in lines (By my notions ) to boost the declineing membership And more recent issues show a good magazine overall , I particularly like the Bevel Brothers and while not as ' fancy' as Muzzle loader Magazine which perhaps go's too far catering for the elitists with little for the tyro's other than good old Mike Nesbit . for example . I went many times to Friendship, never shot much mostly as a buying trader & the Gunmakers Hall. Did a LOT of Rendesvous shot & traded at 17' Eastern's' & a raft of regional ones. In lines aside Ide say Muzzle Blasts is good value but ime just too far away to ever participate and am my own' Muzzle Blasts' &' Muzzle Loader Magazine' These days Rudyard

Hey Good ole boy, the inclusion of inlines is primarily in the competitive side of the NMLRA. While there are articles now and then, the majority, I’d say 98-99% of Muzzle Blasts is about other aspects of muzzleloading. Traditional, DIY, trekking, history, etc.

You can see many of the modern articles at NMLRA.org and download three digital copies

Signed up for the 3 free issues of Muzzle Blast a couple days ago but haven't received the link for download ??
Sorry about that Humpy57, and thanks Bob McBride, I was on the phone a lot last week and wasn’t watching the system. Looks like it needs an oil change.

Latest posts

Back