Muzzeloading mixes well with...?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

sheriff john

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Memories, old dogs, and photographs of friends who've passed. Well, that and a cup of coffee with a shot of Irish Cream.

Dutch7

36 Cl.
Reaction score
My wife says we should move off the grid BUT we have to have good internet service!
Funny but true - we are into many of the things listed above in one way or the other and strive to become more self sufficient every chance we get.
I am happiest building something or helping someone else and of course BP shooting and hunting. Muzzleloading and its offshoot pursuits are a road less traveled and I am happy to be walking on it with a few select individuals.
Cheers

Stony Broke

32 Cal.
Reaction score
It just seems to me that as life has gone along, I seem to get into another related part of muzzle loading after another. I have made bullets, knives, leather goods, clothing, and it goes on and on and on...... As an old guy gets retired, there are just gobs of related hobbies !!

Dale Lilly

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Building your own home from purely natural materials is VERY high on my list of go-alongs-with...
Take a peek at Rammed Earth building. One of the most beautiful homes I've been in was built, by owner, by that method. Polecat

springfield art

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
It seems that muzzleloading leads many back into time and to learn the skills of past eras. Muzzleloading has stimulated my interest in pre-1860s American history.
Please excuse the reference to post muzzleloading topics. But muzzleloading and black powder also has helped move me into the cartridge era and involvement in the collection of historic battle rifles. Yes, I have an original "Kentucky" long rifle (about 1820) and a brace of 1816/1822 French Cavalry pistols, then advancing in time to an 1864 Enfield Snider used by the British in India and an 1884 Martini-Henry from South Africa. After that, my collection includes Springfield "trapdoors," WWI American, British and German rifles, then to WWII rifles from all sides.
View attachment 103765
Three Enfields, a Mauser and a Krag. Nice.

RonRC

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Three Enfields, a Mauser and a Krag. Nice.
You ID'ed them perfectly. Lee Enfield No. 1 Mark III, Lee Enfield No. 4 Mark I, Lee Enfield Mark 5 jungle carbine, 1896 Krag carbine. The other racks include Springfield trapdoors, Arisaka 38 and 99, Russian capture Mauser, Mosin Nagant, Swedish M96, Swiss K31, Brazilian 1908 and Chilean 1895 Mausers, Israeli 98k Mauser, etc. Not to mention 1943 M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Springfield early serial number 1903, 1903 A3, Finnish M39, US M1917 Eddystone and Remington, etc. The biggest issue has been securing them, yet permitting me to look at them and enjoy the history associated with them.

appalichian hunter

62 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Spending time in the deep woods a hunting, that way you do not have to deal with idiots, politician's, left wingers did I mention idiots.