Muzzeloading mixes well with...?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
Reaction score
Natural disasters...., like floods and ice storms, tornados, hurricanes...., I don't sweat such events, as I have enough canvas and cooking gear and wood, and charcoal, and coal to house and keep my family in calories if my house gets flattened. Heck I would likely end up feeding the families on my block...

LD

Reaction score
I’ll play…sewing and baking

This venture of muzzleloading has brought back to life the simple pleasures of knowing a “process” to doing things and the wisdom around the what, when, why, where to accomplishing it.
So moving forward in making some hunting pouches and bags, taking the knowledge from muzzleloading and it’s nuances translates to that.

Same goes for baking. The minutiae from muzzleloading turned me into more of a patient perfectionist so I don’t mess up a batch of cornbread…or less important foods! 😄

James

Reaction score
It seems that muzzleloading leads many back into time and to learn the skills of past eras. Muzzleloading has stimulated my interest in pre-1860s American history.
Please excuse the reference to post muzzleloading topics. But muzzleloading and black powder also has helped move me into the cartridge era and involvement in the collection of historic battle rifles. Yes, I have an original "Kentucky" long rifle (about 1820) and a brace of 1816/1822 French Cavalry pistols, then advancing in time to an 1864 Enfield Snider used by the British in India and an 1884 Martini-Henry from South Africa. After that, my collection includes Springfield "trapdoors," WWI American, British and German rifles, then to WWII rifles from all sides.
British & American and German rifles 7-2-17 (3)sm.JPG

Reaction score
Metal Detecting..........I search for Civil War stuff and have found lots of buttons, bullets and balls among other things. I also visit long forgotten home places in search of daily life artifacts such as buttons, farm iron, coins, axe heads, knives, etc.... I have found old musket hammers, side plates, and a mainspring that I think is from 1816 or so among other gun parts. I use some of the old buckles on my items that I make for my hunting gear. Hand in hand Id say.