• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Muskets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
looking to scratch the itch again, not really looking for anything specific just no rifles.

charleville, bess, harpers ferry 1816, potsdam, fowlers, etc If you have something you may be willing to part with let me know, and with photos please. Don’t have to be safe queens, some use and character are appreciate, as long as they’re solid shooters!

thanks!
Sean

looking to scratch the itch again, not really looking for anything specific just no rifles.

charleville, bess, harpers ferry 1816, potsdam, fowlers, etc If you have something you may be willing to part with let me know, and with photos please. Don’t have to be safe queens, some use and character are appreciate, as long as they’re solid shooters!

thanks!
Sean
There is an original Harper’s Ferry 1816 on the For Sale page

I'm originally from No. Chelmsford, MA myself. There's a very fine BP Dealer in Pepperell, MA, it's called Hunter's Rendezvous, owned and operated by Sheldon Royal. you can check out his website online and make contact with him and save yourself any needless exhausting searches. He lives in a beautiful log cabin
and his selection of BP guns is excellent. I still have a queen flintlock that I purchased from him over 15 years ago and it's still on the wall rack and never been fired. Hope this helps. Paul

Thank you Brian for your very kind words, I feel that I'm on the mend now after a devastating medical condition. However, I'll be posting some items very soon. I'm on the mend but I feel that my BP days are ell behind me now. Kind regards, Paul

I'm originally from No. Chelmsford, MA myself. There's a very fine BP Dealer in Pepperell, MA, it's called Hunter's Rendezvous, owned and operated by Sheldon Royal. you can check out his website online and make contact with him and save yourself any needless exhausting searches. He lives in a beautiful log cabin
and his selection of BP guns is excellent. I still have a queen flintlock that I purchased from him over 15 years ago and it's still on the wall rack and never been fired. Hope this helps. Paul

Paul,

Appreciate it the thought, unfortunately I just read on another forum that Mr. Royal recently passed away. They included his obituary in that post which I linked here, impressive military career among other accomplishments.

Sheldon Royal Obituary

Thank you Brian for attaching the obituary notice for Sheldon, he has been a lifelong friend and confidant in the BP Shooting Industry. His guidance and dedication to the BP way of life was truly inspirational, sitting in his log cabin for hours on end broadened my thirst for more knowledge than I thought was humanly possible. His stories and detailed explanations of historical battlefields, times and places only filled my desires to learn more as the years passed.
Some folks never truly understood this great man as I did, always seeing the good in him, and overlooking his sometimes rough mannerism, I could never get him to open up about his military career, as is the case with most true American Patriots that have lived through battlefield horrors. My Son PJ is a prime example of that as well. finally retiring from the Marines as a Major, and being promoted to Lt. Col. in his final month of service, in the hopes of extending him for another 7 long years, promising him the moon but never delivering on what they had promised in his fist 23 years. Great men don't need to have their military exploits made public for all the world to see, only phony Senators and Congressmen follow that path. God Bless all of our men and women in the military who have given so much, some have made the ultimate sacrifice. May they rest in peace. As for Sheldon, I will remember him always, he was the older brother I never had, he will surely be missed.

Back