• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103
Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered several of the musket cases for my longer muzzleloaders and a couple for some scoped Contender barrels. These are really well made with good quality materials. I'm sure they will last many years of use. And the shipping was fast. I consider these cases to be excellent values. Good job, Unique Cases.

Jeff

I have a question about these cases: Is it lockable? In other words can you put a padlock into the zipper pulls to stop the zipper from being opened?

In California all guns, including black powder guns must be in a locked case or trunk. My pickup has no trunk. I have one long black powder gun, needs 66" lockable case.

==> It matters not a fig to the law about how secure the case is. Obviously anybody can open a cloth case. That's not the point. The point is not going to jail. A locked soft case is perfectly legal, even if it does little for security of the gun. This law is enforced all the time.

There is a small ring on the case that you can use a little luggage-type lock through the zipper. Certainly not high security but I guess something of a deterrent.
I have a question about these cases: Is it lockable? In other words can you put a padlock into the zipper pulls to stop the zipper from being opened?

Any of these cases that you'd recommend for checking on an airline flight. These all seem to be soft cases.
Soft cases are NOT airline approved ... they require locking latches and keyed locks or padlocks, but note ... nor will they withstand the handling!

I had bought that uber-expen$ive $359 alleged 'hard, airline approved' case from Crazy Crow and used it to transport a 44.3" barreled Fusil de Chasse to Anticosti Island, Quebec on a 1-hour (each way)/chartered and private flight - just full of hunters only - and that EXPENSIVE but CHEAP plastic case was totally DESTROYED!

Which is why I am now building a 54-cal LH'd half-stock Hawken flintlock for any 'away far' hunting journeys, so when taken apart it will fit into a much better quality airline case, where I'd likely go for an aluminum-bodies one.

Link = https://www.crazycrow.com/gun-covers/kentucky-rifle-hard-case-72in

1709143218857.png

I was not aware of this brand before the post. Just a quick look at the site, in my opinion the prices are reasonable and the features are useful. I am going to spend more time checking them out and likely become a customer.

Back