• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Musket caps . . .

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings all. A little bird tells me that my wife is getting me a Pedersoli 3-band Enfield for Christmas this year . . . and I've read much about the inferior performance of CCI musket caps, that they're mainly intended for reenactments, etc. Unfortunately that's the only brand readily available to me without paying HazMat fees, OTHER THAN the Scheutzen brand musket caps, which I can get from Graf's (only about a 35-minute drive from me). Are the Scheutzen's good, hot caps? Any other suggestions? (I've got 3 different bullet molds I'm starting with -- Lee REAL, Lee traditional Minie and improved Minie).

Thanks!
The CCI caps they are making now are weak. I had to get another nipple to use #11 caps. The improved Minie makes a .578 the bore should be .577 I used a .575 mold with very good results. The Lee REAL is flat based isn't it?

The Lee REAL bullet is flat based. But don't forget, the Lee Rifling Engraved At Loading bullet relies on the largest of the bands being the diameter of the groove to seal the bore. Here too measurement matters. If the diameter of the REAL bullet is less than the groove diameter, you are likely to get gas cutting and blowby that will adversely effect performance.

Back