• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Multiple Bullet Mould

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncNZ

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been re reading my book on Gunsmiths of Lancaster county by J B Whisker , when I noticed a bullet mould made by A Gumpf as you can see in the photo it can mould round ball , pricket bullets and a conical round nose bullet , Now this mould was made in the early to mid 1800's , so did they use projectiles other than round ball .?
P1020100.JPG

Lee has several molds that are combo round and conical.
The idea had to have come from somewhere......
With the array of balls, arrows, nails, rocks, chain and other stuff that has been historically reported to have been launched from barrels over the centuries, nothing would surprise me!
Interesting find. Might try casting some with it and see how they shoot!

Historically speaking, there were a number of bullet shapes and rifling types/patterns tried. Round ball was easiest to cast and use at the time.

Back