• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Mule Ear Trigger Suggestions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
upload_2020-1-9_7-59-23.jpeg
here is how Navy Arms did theirs.. and basically how Laurie Fenton did his ...

upload_2020-1-9_11-42-13.jpeg

note: these do not print out exactly as drawn. If using as a template, you will need to adjust things for making a lock.
the trigger components should reproduce fairly close ??

Perhaps try as a black and white photo of about 1 MB or about 500 x 500 px. It looks like you are scanning as a document with super low resolution. Much of the printing is still illegible. .

Scota,

I'm not even sure where the original drawing that I made is?? the lockplate measured 4.45" x 1.2 .. ( kinda chunky ) but I'll try to find it if you guys need it?

upload_2020-1-9_15-35-57.jpeg

this one I made is about 5.5" x 0.91" and of the Medberry style

Great, I will probably make one. I like the idea of having a mule ear that looks old timie. I made a back action side slapper, of my own design, a while ago. It is dirt simple and works great. It includes a bullet proof safety. The rifle is extremely sleek and has swap barrels. The reliability is 100% so far. I have never had a single misfire. Having the nipple resting on the main charge makes is pretty tough to prevent ignition. I am very bias in favor of side slappers and under hammers for that reason.

Back