• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Mule Ear 45 Caliber Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The below custom built mule ear rifle is for sale. I built the gun from scratch and completed it in July of this year. It has been sighted in and shot approx. 50 times. It is very accurate with a .445 round ball and .016 lubed patch. The price is $1,575 which includes full insurance coverage and shipping in a custom wood crate - to normal postal areas. I accept USPS Money Orders or I can take credit/debit cards with the added 3% cost of using a card.

Dickert Style Rifle
Mule Ear Percussion
Brass Hardware
Man. By B. Hamlin
Walnut Stock
L&R Mule Ear Lock
Davis #4 Double Set Trigger
Colerain 7/8” 45 Caliber 37” barrel
Twist 1-48”
6 Groove - Round Bottom - .016 Deep
13 1/2” LOP
Drop Comb - 1 1/2”
Drop Heel - 3”
Built 7-2-2020
55 Gn’s FFFg Swiss or 60 Gn’s FFFg Olde Ensford (Goex) seem to be a favorite top end load.

DickertME1.jpg
DickertME2.jpg
DickertME3.jpg
DickertME4.jpg
DickertME5.jpg
DickertME6.jpg
DickertME7.jpg
DickertME8.jpg
DickertME9.jpg
DickertME10.jpg

Beautiful work BruceHH! That's awesome! Always loved the look and warmth of walnut.

Very nice build --- I'd call it "elegant." :thumb:

Found a forum discussion from 2005 with some interesting history of this lock style. Check out post #6 in this thread. History of Mule Ear locks?

I have one of Bruce's builds in .54 cal but otherwise nearly a twin rifle. I am happy with it. Accurate, reliable, very lightweight. I was reluctant to drop the money on a caplock as I prefer flintlock, but I figured I could put a flintlock in it too. That rifle just spoke to me and I now own it. If you are a .45 caliber fan this is going to be a very sweet rifle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back