Quantcast

SOLD Mule Ear 45 Caliber Rifle

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceHH

40 Cal
Reaction score
The below custom built mule ear rifle is for sale. I built the gun from scratch and completed it in July of this year. It has been sighted in and shot approx. 50 times. It is very accurate with a .445 round ball and .016 lubed patch. The price is $1,575 which includes full insurance coverage and shipping in a custom wood crate - to normal postal areas. I accept USPS Money Orders or I can take credit/debit cards with the added 3% cost of using a card.

Dickert Style Rifle
Mule Ear Percussion
Brass Hardware
Man. By B. Hamlin
Walnut Stock
L&R Mule Ear Lock
Davis #4 Double Set Trigger
Colerain 7/8” 45 Caliber 37” barrel
Twist 1-48”
6 Groove - Round Bottom - .016 Deep
13 1/2” LOP
Drop Comb - 1 1/2”
Drop Heel - 3”
Built 7-2-2020
55 Gn’s FFFg Swiss or 60 Gn’s FFFg Olde Ensford (Goex) seem to be a favorite top end load.

DickertME1.jpg
DickertME2.jpg
DickertME3.jpg
DickertME4.jpg
DickertME5.jpg
DickertME6.jpg
DickertME7.jpg
DickertME8.jpg
DickertME9.jpg
DickertME10.jpg

BruceHH

40 Cal
Reaction score
Ranger, thanks for the compliment.

Bigfoot, some of the Mule Ears i have built have went to lefties and they seem to really like them.

William O.

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Ranger, thanks for the compliment.

Bigfoot, some of the Mule Ears i have built have went to lefties and they seem to really like A.
The mule ear lock doesn't spit fire into my face (or really close to it) like when I shoot a friend's right handed cap of flint in my usual left handed way.

erhunter

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful work BruceHH! That's awesome! Always loved the look and warmth of walnut.

wiksmo

40 Cal
Reaction score
Very nice build --- I'd call it "elegant." :thumb:

Found a forum discussion from 2005 with some interesting history of this lock style. Check out post #6 in this thread. History of Mule Ear locks?

TXFlynHog

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
This is really a very handsome piece. I've never laid eyes on a mule-ear, but boy, this one is sharp looking!

Sparkitoff

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have one of Bruce's builds in .54 cal but otherwise nearly a twin rifle. I am happy with it. Accurate, reliable, very lightweight. I was reluctant to drop the money on a caplock as I prefer flintlock, but I figured I could put a flintlock in it too. That rifle just spoke to me and I now own it. If you are a .45 caliber fan this is going to be a very sweet rifle!

Status
Not open for further replies.