• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mr Chuck Dixon a Giant

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel much sorrow for his family and friends.
Another one of our patriarchs that I never got to meet is gone.
Feels like the end of an era lately, an era I came in too late on, and didn't get to travel through enough.

God speed Mr. Dixon. Rest in Peace.

Feels like the end of an era lately, an era I came in too late on, and didn't get to travel through enough.
So too does some part of every generation feel that way. This is why we must cut wide trails, so others can follow and then go farther than we ever did, cutting fresh trail where we left off.
We would all do well being as willing to share knowledge and showing patience as did Mr. Dixon.
@Brokennock you arrived right when you should have, just like the rest of us, to cut some fresh trail. That said, you would have been impressed by him, and will be impressed by his son Greg's knowledge if you have the chance.

Chuck's monumental book about how to build a Pa. , Ky rifle was timed perfectly for when muzzleloading was coming back in the 1970's. I still think it is one of the best sources for basic info. There are many new innovations in the building world , but Chucks land mark volume brought many of us into the light. I thank him. Chuck and I , many times, discussed some of the originals hanging in the rafters of the sales floor. Chuck has my admiration and I thank him for all he's done..............oldwood See you soon , friend.

I’m sorry to hear that. My condolences. Chuck helped me out with my 1st flintlock. He let me put money down to hold it until I got the rest of the money a couple weeks later. He helped me with all the extras I needed to shoot it too. He will be missed.

This was posted on Dixon Muzzleloaders Facebook page this morning.Chuck was a legend who is responsible for many of us doing what we do............................

"It is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of our patriarch, Charles "Chuck" Dixon Sr. He passed away on Thursday, December 30th, 2021. He was 85 years old.
We ask for privacy for the family at this time."

Aww sh!t....RIP Mr. Dixon. As far as my need to meet Bucket List goes, it seems to get shorter every.

My deepest sympathies to the Dixon family.

I met Mr. Dixon back in 2005 on my first trip from Louisiana to Pennsylvania, which later became an annual trek. Greg was pulling down some handmade flintlocks from the ceiling (it was the week or so after the annual Dixon Gunmaker's Fair that year) and Mr. Dixon came over to talk about the two rifles I had narrowed down to and helped me settle on one. I have been back only two times since. On each occasion, Mr. Dixon was always such a nice gentleman and I am saddened by his passing. RIP.

I first met him when he was running his shop out of an old dairy barn around 1978. A remarkably kind man who almost always had time for beginners and instruction. He was the great Guru of all things black powder for so many of us. I consider it a great privilege to have met him. When I think back about the ones who taught me so much about muzzle loading, nearly all are gone now. Ron Griffie, Maurice Miller, Chuck Dixon and several others.

End of an Era.
Enjoy the Happy Hunting Grounds, Mr. Dixon

SAD EMOJI FACE.JPG

LD

Latest posts

Back