• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

mowrey rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey ramrod....

I have a Mowery, Ethan Allan in 36 cal. and I like it a lot. The drop in the stock is considerable and it's definitely a shoot from the bicep rifle, don't even try to pocket it. It is superbly accurate. I had to tinker with the tumbler and sear engagement screw a bit but other than that I've found it to be good rifle. The only thing I would caution anyone about in regards to an Ethan Allan is not to "overcock" it. It's easy to do and the fix is also quite simple.....just aggravating, especially when you've learned better and do it anyway. If you are a person who pays attention to what he's doing I'd recommend one.

Vic

thanks the mowrey .50 cal is my first bp i brought it rather
quickly (didn't have time to do my homework on it) it just
looked well built

I've always liked the looks of them and I think they are a fairly good recreation of the Ethen Allen gun.
A friend of mine owns one and I have tried to buy it but he won't sell.
Oh well, who needs another BP rifle? I DO.

I just found a Mowrey .58 caliber Tree Rifle with a 22" barrel. It has the old style tumbler, but I purchased a newer style tumbler and hammer in case I ever have problems. The newer tumbler requires a small amount of metal work but nothing too difficult. The rifle is very accurate and it is one that will have to be pried from etc. etc. etc. I had one other Mowrey prior to this one, and found it accurate as well. What a nice, light, but powerful elk rifle.

C F

Latest posts

Back