• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Mowrey/Ethan Allen .50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Up for sale is a brass framed Mowrey Ethan Allen. It has the schutzen brass butt plate, browned barrel and GORGEOUS dark curly maple stock and forearm. These are close to the 1840's (late) Allen and Thurber rifles.
I will send pictures if you email:

[email protected]

Price is 550.00 shipped

Thank you,
David

Mr. Snellen sent me these photos. I hope that it is OK to post them for him.
Very interesting!

Attachments

• Mowrey-EA-01.jpg
    Mowrey-EA-01.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 213
  • Mowrey-EA-02.jpg
    Mowrey-EA-02.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 224
  • Mowrey-EA-03.jpg
    Mowrey-EA-03.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 193
  • Mowrey-EA-04.jpg
    Mowrey-EA-04.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 172
What is the rate of twist, barrel length, length of trigger pull and weight and overall length? Post as much extra info as possible. Thanks

First, THANK YOU PhDBrewer!!
I really appreciate your kindness. I see the number stamp, but do not know when it was made. I will get the weight and lop, but don't know how to check for the rate of twist. I will post that information on Thursday (tonight begins a holiday for us).
Thank you, David

Gentlemen,
Here is what I can tell, barrel is 32''. When I did the jag test like y'all explained it turned from the 12:00 to
around the 07:30, so I assume 1 in 66. I am not good with this though, but that is what I would guess.
Also, I will drop to 500.00 shipped to your door.,

Thank you,
David

Back