• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Moving the point of impact to the right.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you allowed to wedge the wheels? .Try placing a wooden wedge snug behind the left rear wheel, to retard the recoil impulse. See where your POI goes from there.

Another technique I use on my Dahlgren is to shorten the breaching ropes on left side to move impact to the right. I am not use to the degree of precision you are dealing with, but maybe it could help.
21430417_1219092184862561_1784578992351054493_n.jpg

Hello John,

I'm in the same posal League as you, unsighted, but I'm in Div 3, my daughter is in Div4.
We have tweaked the cannon after my daughters first two scores of 74 and 72.
Both our scores went straight to 91 a piece :)
We have to aim at the 6 ring at 3 o'clock to hit the 10.

One of Tom Clark's merry band! He is without doubt the maestro but with 91's you're not going to be long before you are snapping at his heels!

Interestingly my point of aim is approx 6" below the target and just to the right so that the 'sunrise effect' is very slightly left of centre?

shall look out for your scores when this trying time is behind us.

Back