• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mountain Man from NC

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man do I hear ya on the sinew. I've had a helluva time getting anywhere with it. Sure do wish there was a way to buy it like we do the synthetic stuff.

What about linen thread - it seems to work well and it is period correct (hate that term sometimes) I once hand the apache boot type mocs you wear - I went to buckle shoes and hi-lo trekkers and never looked back - might want to look into those when your boot mocs wear out. Mine wore out right on the toes - that suede just is not very good for long term wear over rough ground

Well boys, this may be all for a while from me. Having another bout with the old ticker. Doc told me I had to come in for some damn tests next week or so.

Seems like every time I start to get into something, fate or whatever you want to call it steps in. So much for going to Rondy in November.

On top of that, those helpful medical feds; you know, Medicare. Well they're going to be sending me some pretty hefty bills shortly, so since about the only thing I have left with any value are my skins and a couple of big knives; they gotta go. Knives too; even my custom Scottish dirk, damn.

If any of you gents out there have an affinity for any of my gear or want some pics of the knives, shoot me a line at my email address and we can chew on setting up a deal. You might want to do it quick though; last time I had this done I had open heart and was down for two months. This time I'm really not expecting it to go as well.

I'll be off-line starting October 10 so if I don't answer any posts for a spell, you'll know why.

I truly, from the bottom of my heart want to thank all of you that have said so many smart-ass and supportive comments about me and my gear. Damn it's been a blast. Y'all are the greatest group I've ever had the (dis)pleasure to be ribbed by. Thank you, sincerely.

Keep your powder dry and watch your topknot. Mike from NC.

Mike, that is horrible news! I really wish you a speedy recovery. I also hope you can get back in the hobby when you've got all the bills settled. We just got to know you and now you're off. :idunno:

Sounds like you got a good attitude, that will carry you far. Take care and recover quickly.

Mike,
you old coot, you better expect it to go well. Get that chin up and get ready to fight.
If you have to sell your stuff, I'll make you a knife for free when you get back in your stride.(been there, done that)
Stay the course and don't fire till you see the whites' of their eyes.
Mike Broach

A little ticker problem ain't gonna keep a man with your attitude down for long.Heck with the manure you took on here you'll be back on your feet in no time.Just keep your attitude!We will all say a prayer for you I am sure! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Back