• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mountain Man from NC

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmck0309

32 Cal.
Reaction score
MountainMan006.jpg

No mountain man leaves his cabin without his "Dew". :grin:

You certainly do have the look! :thumbsup:

Definitly a Mountain Man from NC as evidenced by the Dew bottle. Aren't those pasties mounted a little high though?

Buckskin is god awful cold here in the Rocky Mtns even in the summer. When it gets wet it stretches and dry it shrinks. The Trappers prefered wool cloths. They used skins when they were unable to get cloth. I really doubt that squaw boots would have been used in the Northern Rockies. :hmm:

"Never criticize a man until you have walked a mile in his moccasins."

This is an obvious case of where someone would make a smart a$$ comment to someone on line that they would not make to a man's face. He's a new forum member(with some big knifes) and "obviously" very proud of his stuff. Post some pictures of your own HC outfits so we can all be educated or entertained.

Last I looked, North Carolina was not in the Northern Rockies :blah: Really, give the guy a break. Many of us just want to have some fun playing dress up without worrying about their shoes matching their belts. Geez! I get enough of that from my Wife and Daughter :shake:

Ditto to what T.O and Ghettogun said. A new man lays out his kit and gets criticized, that's really poor.

Thanks. Wish I had just $5 for every hour put in to everything! If you've ever made any of this stuff you know what I mean. Thanks again.

:thumbsup: :applause: I make all my own stuff so i know where yer commin from.Griz

Its a heck of alot better than anything I could make!!!I feel old but I wasn't around to know what the heck a free trapper wore. I don't think a set of wool clothes could last forever, so I would venture skins would beat a bare backside! Real nice job on that gear!! :thumbsup:

If you are having fun keep doing it!! I cant believe someone would talk trash to a person trying to get started. We are all just playing dress up!!

Oops its not Buckskin its thin skin. No I didn't recognize the fur trappers of N.C. a rare breed. :rotf:

Back