• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

" MOTHMAN"hunting in West Virginia.....Enjoy:

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last Thursday...I visited Point Pleasant W. Virginia to work on a video project not related to black powder shooting. While there..I met up with Craig Alan Woods. He gave me the "Grand Tour" of his home town and since The "MOTHMAN" is very popular there...we just had to go for a little "MOTHMAN" hunting. Even though it rained all afternoon while there, this one is a BARREL of fun...Enjoy the various BP guns used that day:

Last Thursday...I visited Point Pleasant W. Virginia to work on a video project not related to black powder shooting. While there..I met up with Craig Alan Woods. He gave me the "Grand Tour" of his home town and since The "MOTHMAN" is very popular there...we just had to go for a little "MOTHMAN" hunting. Even though it rained all afternoon while there, this one is a BARREL of fun...Enjoy the various BP guns used that day:

Mr. Humphrey, how you doing? Its James Sparhawk from NC. I joined this site too, and already watched this cool video. Keep em coming buddy!

Pretty neat, thanks for the video, it was fun to watch.

Makes me want a custom flintlock even more.

Spent a lot of time in the wilds of WVA. hunting and trout fishing never seen a mothman, but one night while camping in the big bend area had a bear (he was a big boy left tracts larger than my hand) steal a stinger of nice brookies and my favorite antique chain stringer. It got late on me and I staked the fish in the river we were fishing. Told my buddy if he got up early in the morning and got the fire going I would clean the fish and we could have them for breakfast, well we had bacon and eggs. Then I knew why the big yellow lab was nervous about 3 in the morning. We were camped about 15 yards from where the fish were. Nice video.

Spent a lot of time in the wilds of WVA. hunting and trout fishing never seen a mothman, but one night while camping in the big bend area had a bear (he was a big boy left tracts larger than my hand) steal a stinger of nice brookies and my favorite antique chain stringer. It got late on me and I staked the fish in the river we were fishing. Told my buddy if he got up early in the morning and got the fire going I would clean the fish and we could have them for breakfast, well we had bacon and eggs. Then I knew why the big yellow lab was nervous about 3 in the morning. We were camped about 15 yards from where the fish were. Nice video.
Hmmm, that's an eerie feeling my friend. I bet that lab was nervous...WOW.

I was fishing with a Marine Corps buddy he is like a brother we do a lot together, the dogs name was Jasper biggest yellow lab I ever saw great dog. Now this was a few years ago and the finances were rather slim so the 3 of us was hooched in a military pup tent. I am 6ft 3in. tall and check in at about 245 lbs my friend is about the same size so it was tight fit for all of us. Old JASPER woke up at about 3 am. and was a bit excited too say the least but we convinced him to lay back down but he had that lab grumble for a bit, even looked out of the tent and shined the flashlight around a bit never thought about looking towards the river, told my friend that perhaps it was a opossum traveling through. Been around labs my whole life as a matter of fact have one now he is napping in my favorite chair. Never gave a bear a thought, but we were also pretty well armed. Stayed for another 3 or 4 days fishing never had another visit.

Back